Two of the league's early form-setters meet in Seattle, with the Sounders currently mired in a five-game winless run.
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-4-2): Weber; Scott, Parke, Ianni, Burch; Rosales, Alonso, Evans, Fernandez; Montero, Johnson.
OUT: FW Babayele Sodade (R knee ACL tear); FW David Estrada (L foot fracture)
DOUBTFUL: GK Michael Gspurning (R hip strain); DF Patrick Ianni (lower back pain); DF Leo Gonzalez (L quad strain); DF Adam Johansson (R hamstring strain); MF Steve Zakuani (R leg fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: GK Josh Ford (R knee stress fracture)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Olum, Sinovic; Cesar, Zusi, Espinoza; Kamara, Sapong, Bunbury.
OUT: MF Korede Aiyegbusi (R knee sprain); DF Matt Besler (appendicitis); DF Cyprian Hedrick (L fibula fracture); GK Eric Kronberg (lower back strain); MF Luke Sassano (L knee sprain)
DOUBTFUL: FW Bobby Convey (R calf strain); MF Paulo Nagamura (R abductor strain)
PROBABLE: FW C.J. Sapong (groin strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams have never tied in MLS play. Seattle has won five of the six all-time meetings.
- After a franchise best start to the season, Seattle hasn't won in five games, the most recent a heavy 4-1 loss to open Saputo Stadium in Montreal. "To be frank, it’s embarrassing to lose like that," Zach Scott said.
- Kansas City rushed through the opening seven games with seven wins. It sits top of the Eastern Conference with 28 points from 13 games. Seattle has 24 from 14, good for fourth in the West.
- Fredy Montero leads the league with 66 shots and 24 on target. Kei Kamara is second in both categories, having cranked off 54 shots, 23 of which were on target.
- Jhon Kennedy Hurtado is suspended for this game.