MLS Preview: Philadelphia Union - D.C. United
Just days after the firing of manager Peter Nowak, the Union will attempt to salvage its season against conference rival D.C.
By Keith Hickey
|Philadelphia Union (4-4-2): MacMath; Gaddis, Williams, Valdes, G. Farfan; Daniel, Carroll, Gomez, Adu; Perlaza, Martinez.
OUT: FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion symptoms); DF Gabriel Farfan (back spasms); MF Cristhian Hernandez (R knee sprain); DF Chris Albright (R foot sprain)
DOUBTFUL: DF Sheanon Williams (R big toe sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: GK Chase Harrison (L ankle sprain); MF Michael Farfan (L foot contusion); FW Chandler Hoffman (L heel contusion)
PROBABLE: MF Keon Daniel (L ankle sprain)
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Korb, McDonald, Jakovic, Woolard; Najar, Kitchen, Boskovic, DeLeon; De Rosario, Santos.
OUT: MF Lance Rozeboom (L knee ACL tear)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny Cruz (R hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: MF Branko Boskovic (abductor strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- On Wednesday, the Union parted ways with manager Peter Nowak, who won the 2004 MLS Cup as coach of D.C. United. His former assistant, John Hackworth, will be taking over on an interim basis.
- Union forward Lionard Pajoy will be suspended for this match.
- These teams met in the fourth round of this year's Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. Philadelphia won that game 2-1, advancing to the quarterfinals.
- Last season, D.C. United won nine matches. Through 15 this season, the Black and Red have already won eight, putting them on pace to win double their 2011 total. Comparably, the Philadelphia Union has struggled in 2012, picking up just two wins in 11 matches. If that pace holds, Philadelphia’s wins will amount to just barely half of its 2011 total (11).
- United won its third consecutive match on May 26 over New England, a 3-2 victory at RFK Stadium. It's the club's longest winning streak since winning four in a row in June 2008.
Top 3 Predictions
Philadelphia Union 8-8 D.C. United
- 25.93 %
Philadelphia Union 1-2 D.C. United
- 11.11 %
Philadelphia Union 0-1 D.C. United
- 11.11 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 21, 2013||D.C. United 2 - Philadelphia Union 3|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 20, 2012||Philadelphia Union 0 - D.C. United 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 19, 2012||D.C. United 1 - Philadelphia Union 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 16, 2012||Philadelphia Union 0 - D.C. United 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 29, 2011||Philadelphia Union 3 - D.C. United 2|
|May 18, 2013||Philadelphia Union 1 - Chicago Fire 0||MLS|
|May 15, 2013||Philadelphia Union 1 - Los Angeles Galaxy 4||MLS|
|May 11, 2013||Chicago Fire 0 - Philadelphia Union 1||MLS|
|May 4, 2013||Philadelphia Union 2 - Seattle Sounders FC 2||MLS|
|Apr 27, 2013||New England Revolution 2 - Philadelphia Union 0||MLS|
|-||Carlos Enrique Valdes||Defender|
|14||Dwayne De Rosario||Midfielder|
|-||Emiliano Ariel Dudar||Defender|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed