MLS Preview: Houston Dynamo - FC Dallas
The battle for supremacy in the Lone Star state heats up, as the Hoops make their first call upon Houston's new digs, BBVA Compass Stadium.
By Keith Hickey
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Taylor, Boswell, Cameron, Ashe; Carr, Moffat, Carmargo, Davis; Ching, Bruin.
OUT: DF Kofi Sarkodie (R foot sprain); DF Alex Dixon (concussion)
QUESTIONABLE: GK Erich Marscheider (R shoulder sprain)
|Los Angeles Galaxy (4-5-1): Hartman, Loyd, John, Hedges, Benitez; Jackson, Marcelin, Hernandez, Jacobson, Shea; Perez.
OUT: MF David Ferreira (R foot surgery); MF Bobby Warshaw (R foot fracture); DF Ugo Ihemelu (concussion symptoms); MF Brek Shea (L foot contusion)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Hernan Pertuz (R ankle sprain); MF Ricardo Villar (R foot strain); DF Alex Lee (lower abdominal strain); DF George John (concussion symptoms)
PROBABLE: DF Jair Benitez (L knee/ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Despite a roster with only 30 percent of its players hailing from countries outside the United States, Houston has five players representing four different CONCACAF countries in World Cup Qualifying: Geoff Cameron (United States), Oscar Boniek Garcia (eligible for selection after June 27) (Honduras), Andre Hainault (Canada), Jermaine Taylor (Jamaica) and Je-Vaughn Watson (Jamaica).
- Houston boasts an 8-3-7 all-time record against its cross-state rival and can crow about two MLS Cup titles to Dallas’ zero. FC Dallas has won once all-time in Houston in 11 meetings in all competitions, a 1-0 victory at Robertson Stadium on May 5, 2010.
- The Houston Dynamo’s first-round SuperDraft selection, Colin Rolfe (18th overall), has yet to make his MLS debut. Meanwhile, FC Dallas’ pick Matt Hedges (11th) has made four starts, nine appearances, and tallied two goals for the Hoops.
- Blas Perez has been the focal point of the Dallas attack this season. In 13 games, he's led the line with five goals and three assists.
- Houston is currently unbeaten at BBVA Compass Stadium. In three games at the newest stadium in MLS, the Dynamo are 2-0-1.
Top 3 Predictions
Houston Dynamo 3-1 FC Dallas
- 20 %
Houston Dynamo 2-1 FC Dallas
- 13.33 %
Houston Dynamo 2-0 FC Dallas
- 13.33 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 17, 2013||FC Dallas 3 - Houston Dynamo 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 16, 2012||Houston Dynamo 2 - FC Dallas 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 24, 2011||FC Dallas 0 - Houston Dynamo 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 28, 2011||Houston Dynamo 2 - FC Dallas 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 5, 2010||Houston Dynamo 0 - FC Dallas 1|
|May 18, 2013||Houston Dynamo 0 - New England Revolution 2||MLS|
|May 12, 2013||Houston Dynamo 0 - Sporting Kansas City 1||MLS|
|May 8, 2013||D.C. United 0 - Houston Dynamo 4||MLS|
|May 5, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 0 - Houston Dynamo 1||MLS|
|Apr 28, 2013||Houston Dynamo 1 - Colorado Rapids 1||MLS|
|9||Fabian Andrés Castillo||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed