MLS Preview: Chicago Fire - Columbus Crew
Columbus, fresh off a big win in Seattle, travels to Illinois, which has been a barren hunting ground for the Crew in recent seasons.
By Keith Hickey
|Columbus Crew (4-4-2): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Gehrig, Mendes, Vukovic; Duka, O'Rourke, Grossman, Gaven; Meram, Renteria.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); FW Aaron Schoenfeld (R plantar fascia rupture); DF Chad Marshall (concussion); MF Kirk Urso (R adductor tendonitis)
DOUBTFUL: FW Ben Speas (sports hernia rehab); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); MF Milovan Mirosevic (L adductor strain)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Ethan Finlay (concussion)
PROBABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain)
|Chiago Fire (4-4-2): Johnson; Segares, Anibaba, Berry, Gargan; Pappa, Pardo, Grazzini, Pause; Nyarko, Oduro.
OUT: MF Steven Kinney (R Achilles tendinitis); DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair); DF Arne Friedrich (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Chris Rolfe (L ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- After going into his second professional season without a goal, Crew striker Justin Meram made it three goals in three games, netting the opener in the 1-1 draw with San Jose.
- Crew goalkeeper Andy Gruenebaum was credited with seven saves in the draw with San Jose, matching his career-high record set earlier this season (May 5 against Portland).
- Chicago has won its last three meetings with the Crew, including a 1-0 win last year in Columbus, and a 3-2 victory at Toyota Park. The Crew have not won in Bridgeview since 2006, a run including their last seven visits.
- Columbus hasn't lost in its last four games, posting a 2-0-2 record since capitulating 1-0 to Vancouver on April 28.
- Chicago's last three games have all resulted in 2-1 scorelines. Home wins against Sporting KC and FC Dallas bookended an away loss to Portland.
Top 3 Predictions
Columbus Crew 0-2 Chicago Fire
- 27.78 %
Columbus Crew 2-0 Chicago Fire
- 11.11 %
Columbus Crew 1-3 Chicago Fire
- 11.11 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 20, 2013||Chicago Fire 1 - Columbus Crew 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 22, 2012||Chicago Fire 2 - Columbus Crew 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 23, 2012||Chicago Fire 2 - Columbus Crew 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 26, 2012||Columbus Crew 2 - Chicago Fire 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 22, 2011||Chicago Fire 3 - Columbus Crew 2|
|Jun 15, 2013||Columbus Crew 2 - Montreal Impact 0||MLS|
|Jun 5, 2013||Philadelphia Union 3 - Columbus Crew 0||MLS|
|Jun 1, 2013||Columbus Crew 1 - Houston Dynamo 1||MLS|
|May 26, 2013||New York Red Bulls 2 - Columbus Crew 2||MLS|
|May 18, 2013||Toronto FC 0 - Columbus Crew 1||MLS|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed