MLS Preview: Toronto FC - Philadelphia Union
The teams with the two worst records meet, Philadelphia looking to keep in touch with the Eastern Conference pack, Toronto for some dignity.
By Keith Hickey
|Toronto FC (4-3-3): Kocic; Hall, Cann, Henry, Morgan; de Guzman, Frings, Avila; Johnson, Koevermans, Plata.
OUT: FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery recovery); GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg); DF Aaron Maund (R eye hyphema); DF Logan Emory (shoulder subluxation)
DOUBTFUL: DF Miguel Aceval (L quadriceps strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery recovery); DF Torsten Frings (shoulder sprain)
|Philadelphia Union (4-4-2): Konopka; Gaddis, Williams, Valdes, G. Farfan; Lahoud, Gomez, Carroll, Adu; Mwanga, Pajoy.
OUT: GK Chase Harrison (L ankle sprain); MF Roger Torres (L knee surgery recovery); FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion)
DOUBTFUL: DF Chris Albright (L big toe sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Gabriel Gomez (L quad contusion); GK Zac MacMath (concussion symptoms); DF Carlos Valdes (head laceration)
PROBABLE: DF Gabriel Farfan (R knee contusion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- With a 1-0 home victory against Vancouver on Wednesday, Toronto secured its fourth consecutive Canadian Championship trophy.
- Philadelphia could play three different keepers in three games if Chris Konopka starts. Chase Harrison made his debut last week against Dallas with Zac MacMath out, but was battered all game and could barely stand by the end.
- If Toronto loses again, it will have lost 10 straight games to start the season, setting a new record for futility.
- Toronto FC is the only club not to score first in a match this season. League-wide, the club that takes the first lead is a collective 68-18-15.
- Philadelphia's two highest scorers are new signings. Gabriel Gomez leads the team with four goals, and Lionard Pajoy has found the net three times this season.
Top 3 Predictions
Toronto FC 2-1 Philadelphia Union
- 18.75 %
Toronto FC 1-1 Philadelphia Union
- 12.5 %
Toronto FC 0-2 Philadelphia Union
- 12.5 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 13, 2013||Philadelphia Union 1 - Toronto FC 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 15, 2012||Toronto FC 1 - Philadelphia Union 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 8, 2012||Philadelphia Union 3 - Toronto FC 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 26, 2012||Toronto FC 1 - Philadelphia Union 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 15, 2011||Philadelphia Union 1 - Toronto FC 1|
|May 18, 2013||Toronto FC 0 - Columbus Crew 1||MLS|
|May 8, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - Toronto FC 1||MLS|
|May 4, 2013||Colorado Rapids 1 - Toronto FC 0||MLS|
|May 1, 2013||Montreal Impact 6 - Toronto FC 0||NCC|
|Apr 27, 2013||Toronto FC 1 - New York Red Bulls 2||MLS|
|May 18, 2013||Philadelphia Union 1 - Chicago Fire 0||MLS|
|May 15, 2013||Philadelphia Union 1 - Los Angeles Galaxy 4||MLS|
|May 11, 2013||Chicago Fire 0 - Philadelphia Union 1||MLS|
|May 4, 2013||Philadelphia Union 2 - Seattle Sounders FC 2||MLS|
|Apr 27, 2013||New England Revolution 2 - Philadelphia Union 0||MLS|
|-||Julian De Guzman||Defender|
|-||Carlos Enrique Valdes||Defender|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed