MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders FC - Columbus Crew
Sounders coach Sigi Schmid hasn't lost to his old club since jumping ship following the 2008 MLS Cup triumph.
By Zac Lee Rigg
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-4-2): Gspurning; Johansson, Parke, Hurtado, Burch; Rosales, Alonso, Rose, Caskey; Johnson, Montero.
OUT: GK Josh Ford (R knee stress fracture); MF Steve Zakuani (R leg fracture); DF Michael Tetteh (L hamstring strain); FW Babayele Sodade (R knee ACL tear)
DOUBTFUL: GK Michael Gspurning (R hip strain); DF Patrick Ianni (lower back pain); MF Brad Evans (R calf strain)
PROBABLE: MF Alvaro Fernandez (R quad strain); DF Leo Gonzalez (L quad strain)
|Columbus Crew (4-4-2): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Williams, Gehrig, Vukovic; Tchani, O'Rourke, Mirosevic, Gaven; Meram, Vargas.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); FW Aaron Schoenfeld (R plantar fascia rupture); DF Chad Marshall (concussion); MF Kirk Urso (R adductor tendonitis); FW Ethan Finlay (concussion)
DOUBTFUL: FW Ben Speas (sports hernia rehab); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); DF Julius James (illness)
PROBABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain), MF Dilly Duka (L hamstring strain); DF Carlos Mendes (R hamstring strain); FW Olman Vargas (L hamstring contusion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sigi Schmid hasn't lost to the Crew since Seattle tapped him up after the 2008 MLS Cup win.
- Last year Seattle set a club record for goals scored in a game when it beat the Crew 6-2. Jeff Cunningham scored a consolation that propelled him to the top of the MLS all-time goalscoring charts.
- Fredy Montero leads the league with 52 shots this year. Him and Eddie Johnson have scored seven goals in the last six games. Both notched in the 2-2 draw with the Vancouver Whitecaps last weekend.
- Andy Gruenebaum is fourth in MLS with 39 blocks, including a penalty save in the 1-1 draw with the San Jose Earthquakes over the weekend.
- Seattle is third in the West with 23 points from 11 games. Columbus is seventh in the East with 12 points from 10 games.
Top 3 Predictions
Seattle Sounders FC 2-0 Columbus Crew
- 36.84 %
Seattle Sounders FC 1-0 Columbus Crew
- 21.05 %
Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 Columbus Crew
- 15.79 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 31, 2013||Columbus Crew 0 - Seattle Sounders FC 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 23, 2012||Seattle Sounders FC 0 - Columbus Crew 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 27, 2011||Seattle Sounders FC 6 - Columbus Crew 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 7, 2011||Columbus Crew 1 - Seattle Sounders FC 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 18, 2010||Columbus Crew 0 - Seattle Sounders FC 4|
|Seattle Sounders FC|
|Nov 7, 2013||Portland Timbers 3 - Seattle Sounders FC 2||MLS|
|Nov 2, 2013||Seattle Sounders FC 1 - Portland Timbers 2||MLS|
|Oct 30, 2013||Seattle Sounders FC 2 - Colorado Rapids 0||MLS|
|Oct 27, 2013||Seattle Sounders FC 1 - Los Angeles Galaxy 1||MLS|
|Oct 19, 2013||FC Dallas 2 - Seattle Sounders FC 0||MLS|
|34||Jhon Kennedy Hurtado||Defender|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed