Columbus stumbles into this matchup with its worst record to start a season and San Jose in sizzling form.
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Hernandez, Morrow, Corrales; Baca, Stephenson, Moreno, Dawkins; Lenhart, Wondolowski.
OUT: DF Victor Bernardez (L knee MCL sprain); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); MF Shea Salinas (L clavicle fracture); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
DOUBTFUL: MF Marvin Chavez (L hamstring strain)
|Columbus Crew (4-4-2): Greunebaum; Miranda, Williams, Gehrig, Vukovic; Gaven, O'Rourke, Tchani, Mirosevic; Finlay, Renteria.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); FW Aaron Schoenfeld (R plantar fascia rupture); DF Chad Marshall (concussion); MF Kirk Urso (R adductor tendonitis); FW Ethan Finlay (concussion)
DOUBTFUL: FW Ben Speas (sports hernia rehab); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); DF Julius James (illness)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Olman Vargas (L hamstring contusion)
PROBABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain), MF Dilly Duka (L hamstring strain); DF Carlos Mendes (R hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- With a 2-4-2 record and eight points, the Crew have tied their worst start nine games into a season.
- The 'Quakes are second in the West with 23 points. They are one behind New York (23) for goals scored.
- Former Crew striker Steven Lenhart has four goals in the last four games.
- Chris Wondolowski leads the league with 11 goals. Steven Beitashour is tied for third with five assists.
- San Jose won this fixture 3-0 last season and drew in Ohio.