MLS Preview: FC Dallas - Philadelphia Union
An increasingly unfamiliar-looking Union looks to take advantage of Dallas' recent woes. Both teams will be desperate for a win.
By Keith Hickey
|FC Dallas (4-4-2): Hartman; Jackson, John, Pertuz, Benitez; Castillo, Hernandez, Jacobson, Villar; Sealy, Perez.
OUT: MF David Ferreira (R foot surgery); MF Ricardo Villar (R foot strain); MF Andrew Wiedeman (sports hernia repair); MF Bobby Warshaw (R foot fracture); DF Ugo Ihemelu (concussion symptoms)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Carlos Rodriguez (L elbow dislocation); FW Fabian Castillo (L ankle sprain)
PROBABLE: MF Brek Shea (L foot turf toe)
|Philadelphia Union (4-4-2): MacMath; Gaddis, Williams, Valdes, G. Farfan; Daniel, Gomez, Carroll, Herdling; Mwanga, Pajoy.
OUT: MF Roger Torres (L knee surgery recovery); FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion)
PROBABLE: DF Chris Albright (L big toe sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Philadelphia has never taken three points off Dallas. The Hoops won both of their home games against the Union, and split the available points on both trips to Philly.
- In the past year, the Union has traded its current leader in all-time appearances three times. Jordan Harvey (46) was sent to Vancouver for allocation money in July, followed by Sebastien Le Toux (62) in February. Captain Danny Califf (65) was dealt to Chivas USA on Thursday, with midfielder Mchael Lahoud going the opposite direction.
- Dallas will be without the services of Zach Loyd and Brek Shea, both of whom are suspended. Shea was given a three-game ban for kicking a ball at an assistant referee during Dallas's 2-1 loss to Columbus. Philadelphia will have to make due without Freddy Adu, who was shown a second yellow card in Sunday's 3-2 loss to New York.
- Fabian Castillo's goal against Columbus was FC Dallas' first from open play since April 14.
- Danny Califf was the last veteran remaining on the Union's roster from its 2010 inaugural season. All other current Union players who appeared for Philadelphia that season were rookies.
Top 3 Predictions
FC Dallas 0-1 Philadelphia Union
- 15.39 %
FC Dallas 1-1 Philadelphia Union
- 11.54 %
FC Dallas 2-1 Philadelphia Union
- 7.69 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 29, 2013||Philadelphia Union 2 - FC Dallas 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 19, 2012||FC Dallas 1 - Philadelphia Union 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 13, 2011||Philadelphia Union 2 - FC Dallas 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 14, 2011||FC Dallas 2 - Philadelphia Union 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 8, 2010||FC Dallas 3 - Philadelphia Union 1|
|Mar 8, 2014||FC Dallas 3 - Montreal Impact 2||MLS|
|Oct 26, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - FC Dallas 1||MLS|
|Oct 19, 2013||FC Dallas 2 - Seattle Sounders FC 0||MLS|
|Oct 12, 2013||FC Dallas 2 - Chicago Fire 3||MLS|
|Oct 5, 2013||Real Salt Lake 1 - FC Dallas 1||MLS|
|22||Carlos Enrique Valdes||Defender|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed