MLS Preview: Houston Dynamo - D.C. United
Houston opens Major League Soccer's newest soccer-specific stadium against an MLS original desperate for one of its own.
By Keith Hickey
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Taylor, Boswell, Cameron, Ashe; Carr, Moffatt, Carmargo, Davis; Ching, Weaver.
OUT: DF Kofi Sarkodie (R foot sprain); GK Erich Marscheider (R shoulder sprain); FW Brian Ownby (L elbow dislocation)
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Russell, McDonald, Woolard, Korb; Najar, Kitchen, De Rosario, Cruz; Santos, Pontius.
OUT: MF Lance Rozeboom (L ACL tear); DF Emiliano Dudar (L hamstring strain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Marcelo Saragosa (R soleus strain); MF Nick DeLeon (L hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Dejan Jakovic (L ankle sprain)
PROBABLE: MF Kurt Morsink (L foot neurectomy); FW Josh Wolff (L hamstring strain); DF Ethan White (R knee surgery)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This will be the first match played at Houston's new 22,000-capacity BBVA Compass Stadium. Opening nights have traditionally fared well for the home side, with hosts going 6-2-4 in inaugural matches at soccer-specific stadia.
- This will be the second game between these two sides this year. D.C. won the previous meeting, 2-1 at RFK Stadium on April 28.
- The Dynamo are winless in their last seven games played in the month of May. Coincidentally, D.C. was the victim the last time Houston won a May game, on May 22, 2010.
- D.C. midfielder Danny Cruz will face his former team for the first time since being traded by Houston during the offseason. Cruz made his first MLS start for Houston against D.C. on May 22, 2010.
- D.C. is tied for the most prolific offense in the Eastern Conference, having found the net 20 times so far this season.
Top 3 Predictions
Houston Dynamo 1-2 D.C. United
- 22.22 %
Houston Dynamo 3-1 D.C. United
- 16.67 %
Houston Dynamo 2-1 D.C. United
- 16.67 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 8, 2013||D.C. United 0 - Houston Dynamo 4|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 2, 2013||Houston Dynamo 2 - D.C. United 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Nov 18, 2012||D.C. United 1 - Houston Dynamo 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Nov 11, 2012||Houston Dynamo 3 - D.C. United 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 15, 2012||Houston Dynamo 4 - D.C. United 0|
|May 18, 2013||Houston Dynamo 0 - New England Revolution 2||MLS|
|May 12, 2013||Houston Dynamo 0 - Sporting Kansas City 1||MLS|
|May 8, 2013||D.C. United 0 - Houston Dynamo 4||MLS|
|May 5, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 0 - Houston Dynamo 1||MLS|
|Apr 28, 2013||Houston Dynamo 1 - Colorado Rapids 1||MLS|
|14||Dwayne De Rosario||Midfielder|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed