MLS Preview: New England Revolution - Colorado Rapids
New England looks to halt a three-game losing streak against Colorado, which recently stopped a three-match skid of its own.
By Zac Lee Rigg
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Reis; Alston, McCarthy, Soares, Tierney; Nguyen, Simms, Joseph, Feilhaber; Moreno, Sene.
OUT: FW Zak Boggs (R ankle sprain); MF Ryan Guy (R calf tightness); DF Flo Lechner (R foot fifth metatarsal fracture); MF Sainey Nyassi (R hamstring strain); FW Jeremiah White (concussion)
|Colorado Rapids (4-4-2): Pickens; Kimura, Marshall, Moor, Zapata; Mullan, Larentowicz, Castrillon, Rivero; Cummings, Cascio.
OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches); MF Ross LaBauex (sports hernia)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Jamie Smith (R knee ACL tear); DF Marvell Wynne (R hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: MF MartÌn Rivero (R quadriceps soreness); FW Conor Casey (L Achilles tear)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Revolution haven't beaten the Rapids since 2007, and they haven't done so in Colorado since 2002. Colorado leads the all-time record by 18 to 11, with nine draws. The teams tied in both meetings last season.
- New England, seven points from six games, has lost three games in a row, the most recent a 1-0 reverse to the New York Red Bulls.
- The Rapids put an end to a three-game losing skid of their own in emphatic fashion on Saturday, racking up the score late in a 4-0 win over Chivas USA. Colorado has 12 points from eight games.
- Former Rev Jeff Larentowicz, who recently signed a contract extension with Colorado, is two bookings away from a suspension for yellow card accumulation.
- New England's Fernando Cardenas, John Lozano and Colorado's Luis Zapata all featured on the 2009 Deportivo Pereira roster, in Colombia.
- Conor Casey didn't travel with the Rapids for this match. The U.S. international made a return from an Achilles injury last week, appearing as a substitute in stoppage time against Chivas USA, but coach Oscar Pareja decided to let the burly striker train at home rather than subject him to midweek travel and the turf of Gillette Stadium.
Top 3 Predictions
New England Revolution 2-0 Colorado Rapids
- 28.57 %
New England Revolution 1-0 Colorado Rapids
- 28.57 %
New England Revolution 0-3 Colorado Rapids
- 14.29 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 17, 2013||Colorado Rapids 2 - New England Revolution 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 2, 2012||New England Revolution 2 - Colorado Rapids 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 23, 2011||Colorado Rapids 2 - New England Revolution 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 7, 2011||New England Revolution 0 - Colorado Rapids 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 18, 2010||Colorado Rapids 3 - New England Revolution 0|
|New England Revolution|
|Nov 6, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 3 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|Nov 2, 2013||New England Revolution 2 - Sporting Kansas City 1||MLS|
|Oct 27, 2013||Columbus Crew 0 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|Oct 19, 2013||New England Revolution 3 - Columbus Crew 2||MLS|
|Oct 12, 2013||Montreal Impact 0 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|Oct 30, 2013||Seattle Sounders FC 2 - Colorado Rapids 0||MLS|
|Oct 27, 2013||Vancouver Whitecaps FC 3 - Colorado Rapids 0||MLS|
|Oct 19, 2013||Colorado Rapids 3 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2||MLS|
|Oct 9, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - Colorado Rapids 0||MLS|
|Oct 5, 2013||Colorado Rapids 5 - Seattle Sounders FC 1||MLS|
|-||Luis Eduardo Zapata||Defender|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed