MLS Preview: Montreal Impact - Portland Timbers
Last year's expansion success story travels to this year's new boys, both teams hovering near the bottom and wanting a win.
By Keith Hickey
|Montreal Impact (4-4-2): Ricketts; Valentin, Thomas, Ferrari, Wahl; Arnaud, Warner, Martins, Mapp; Corradi, Nyassi.
OUT: FW Miguel Montano (proximal tib fib sprain)
DOUBTFUL: DF Gienir Garcia (L knee contusion)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Nelson Rivas (L hamstring strain)
|Portland Timbers (4-4-2): Perkins; Purdy, Mosquera, Brunner, Chabala; Nagbe, Jewsbury, Palmer, Chara; Perlaza, Boyd.
DOUBTFUL: MF Kalif Alhassan (R knee sprain)
GK Jake Gleeson (R knee IT band tightness)
QUESTIONABLE: DF David Horst (R hip surgery)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Portland's upset of previously-undefeated Kansas City was the team's first win since it defeated Philadelphia in its season opener.
- The win over Sporting KC snapped Portland's club-record four-game losing streak
- Montreal has yet to earn a point against a Western Conference opponent, losing its games against Vancouver, Salt Lake and Dallas.
- The Impact are undefeated in their two home games this year, despite their winless away record.
- Bernardo Corradi has scored a goal in each of his last two matches for the Impact.
Top 3 Predictions
Montreal Impact 0-2 Portland Timbers
- 16.67 %
Montreal Impact 2-1 Portland Timbers
- 12.5 %
Montreal Impact 2-0 Portland Timbers
- 12.5 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 9, 2013||Portland Timbers 1 - Montreal Impact 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 28, 2012||Montreal Impact 2 - Portland Timbers 0|
|Oct 31, 2013||Houston Dynamo 3 - Montreal Impact 0||MLS|
|Oct 26, 2013||Toronto FC 1 - Montreal Impact 0||MLS|
|Oct 19, 2013||Montreal Impact 2 - Philadelphia Union 1||MLS|
|Oct 16, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 1 - Montreal Impact 0||MLS|
|Oct 12, 2013||Montreal Impact 0 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|21||Diego Ferney Chará||Midfielder|
|16||Brent Anthony Richards||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed