MLS Preview: San Jose Earthquakes - Real Salt Lake
The top two teams in the West meet up in California, with San Jose looking to reverse some recent poor results against RSL.
By Zac Lee Rigg
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Hernandez, Morrow, Corrales; Baca, Cronin, Moreno, Dawkins; Stephenson, Wondolowski.
OUT: DF Victor Bernardez (L knee MCL sprain); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); MF Shea Salinas (L clavicle fracture); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Cesar Diaz Pizarro (R hamstring strain); FW Alan Gordon (L hamstring strain); FW Steven Lenhart (R hamstring strain)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Olave, Borchers, Wingert; Johnson, Beckerman, Gil, Velasquez; Espindola, Saborio.
DOUBTFUL: FW Cody Arnoux (L adductor strain); MF Nico Muñiz (R MCL sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Ned Grabavoy (L rib cage dislocation); MF Javier Morales (R hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: MF Enzo Martinez (lower back spasms)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- San Jose last beat RSL in the league on May 30, 2009. Since then, Salt Lake has won three and drawn two. Last year RSL won the two meetings by a aggregate 5-0 scoreline.
- These teams sit atop the Western Conference standings. The 'Quakes have 13 points, two behind RSL, but with a game in hand.
- Chris Wondolowski, with seven goals, is in a three-way tie for the goalscoring lead. The other two on seven for the season play for the New York Red Bulls: Thierry Henry and Kenny Cooper.
- Marvin Chavez is suspended for this match after a nasty tackle on Roy Miller during the 2-2 tie between San Jose and New York last week.
- Shea Salinas will also miss out. Rafael Marquez kicked and broke his clavicle in the same game. The Mexican international will sit out the next three games as punishment.
Top 3 Predictions
San Jose Earthquakes 1-2 Real Salt Lake
- 26.32 %
San Jose Earthquakes 2-1 Real Salt Lake
- 21.05 %
San Jose Earthquakes 0-2 Real Salt Lake
- 15.79 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 21, 2013||Real Salt Lake 1 - San Jose Earthquakes 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 1, 2013||Real Salt Lake 3 - San Jose Earthquakes 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 3, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 0 - Real Salt Lake 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 14, 2012||San Jose Earthquakes 5 - Real Salt Lake 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 23, 2012||Real Salt Lake 1 - San Jose Earthquakes 2|
|San Jose Earthquakes|
|Oct 26, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - FC Dallas 1||MLS|
|Oct 23, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - Heredia Jaguares 0||CCL|
|Oct 20, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 0 - San Jose Earthquakes 0||MLS|
|Oct 9, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - Colorado Rapids 0||MLS|
|Sep 29, 2013||Chivas USA 0 - San Jose Earthquakes 1||MLS|
|-||Yordany Alvarez Oropeza||Midfielder|
|26||Juan Sebastián Velásquez||Midfielder|
|-||Emiliano Nicolas Bonfigli||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed