It's a mid-table battle in the East between two teams with playoff ambitions, each riding two-game win runs.
|Columbus Crew (4-4-2): Greuenebaum, Miranda, Marshall, Gehrig, Francis; Gaven, Urso, Mirosevic, Finlay; Renteria, Vargas.
OUT: FW Ben Speas (sports hernia rehab); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); DF Julius James (illness); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery)
DOUBTFUL: MF Dilly Duka (L hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); MF Kevan George (concussion)
PROBABLE: DF Carlos Mendes (R hamstring strain)
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Hainault, Boswell, Cameron, Taylor; Watson, Moffat, Camargo, Ashe; Bruin, Ching.
OUT: MF Brad Davis (L calf strain); FW Brian Ownby (L elbow dislocation)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Houston's Colin Clark will miss this game, as he serves the second of his three-match suspension.
- Both teams come into this match riding two game winless runs.
- Houston is the only team in the Eastern Conference with a neutral goal difference, having both scored and conceded three goals.
- Houston has not defeated the Crew since a 2-0 win Aug. 2, 2008. The Crew have won three of the last six meetings, with three draws.
- Columbus goalkeeper Will Hesmer will likely miss the rest of the season after undergoing hip surgery. Stand-in Andy Gruenebaum has conceded seven goals in five games this season, keeping two clean sheets.