MLS Preview: LA Galaxy - New England Revolution
Fresh off their first win under Jay Heaps, the Revs travel to the West Coast, where they haven't won in 11 games.
By Zac Lee Rigg
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Dunivant, DeLaGarza, Boyens, Franklin; Magee, Juninho, Beckham, Cardozo; Keane, Buddle.
OUT: DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery); GK Brian Perk (sports hernia surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Adam Cristman (concussion); MF Bryan Jordan (L hamstring strain); MF Jose Villarreal (bilateral lower leg surgery)
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Reis; Tierney, Soares, McCarthy, Alston; Rowe, Joseph, Simms, Guy; Sene, Brettschneider.
OUT: FW Zak Boggs (R ankle sprain); MF Benny Feilhaber (L peroneal strain); MF Sainey Nyassi (R hamstring strain)
DOUBTFUL: DF John Lozano (R hip flexor strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Darrius Barnes (L calf strain)
PROBABLE: DF Kevin Alston (nasal fracture); MF Shalrie Joseph (illness); DF Chris Tierney (R ankle sprain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Saer Sene scored the first goal of Jay Heaps' reign just 28 seconds into the Revs' home opener. The goal stood up as the game-winner against the Portland Timbers. It is tied for eighth-fastest in MLS history and fourth-quickest in Revs history.
- Matt Reis became the six goalkeeper in MLS to reach 1,000 saves during the shutout against Portland.
- The Galaxy had a bye last week, meaning their last game was a 3-1 home win against D.C. United. Robbie Keane scored a brace in that match.
- Landon Donovan hasn't trained since Saturday. The U.S. international is suffering from a quad strain, as well as other niggling injuries, according to coach Bruce Arena. Expect Paolo Cardozo to replace him if Donovan can't make it by game time.
- New England hasn't won on the West Coast in 11 games (nine losses, two draws). It hasn't won in either the Mountain or Pacific time zones since August 2009.
Top 3 Predictions
Los Angeles Galaxy 2-0 New England Revolution
- 22.22 %
Los Angeles Galaxy 8-7 New England Revolution
- 22.22 %
Los Angeles Galaxy 3-1 New England Revolution
- 22.22 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 2, 2013||New England Revolution 5 - Los Angeles Galaxy 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 31, 2012||Los Angeles Galaxy 1 - New England Revolution 3|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 28, 2011||New England Revolution 0 - Los Angeles Galaxy 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 20, 2011||Los Angeles Galaxy 1 - New England Revolution 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 10, 2010||New England Revolution 2 - Los Angeles Galaxy 0|
|Los Angeles Galaxy|
|Mar 8, 2014||Los Angeles Galaxy 0 - Real Salt Lake 1||MLS|
|Nov 7, 2013||Real Salt Lake 2 - Los Angeles Galaxy 0||MLS|
|Nov 3, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 1 - Real Salt Lake 0||MLS|
|Oct 27, 2013||Seattle Sounders FC 1 - Los Angeles Galaxy 1||MLS|
|Oct 24, 2013||A.D. Isidro Metapán 4 - Los Angeles Galaxy 0||CCL|
|New England Revolution|
|Mar 8, 2014||Houston Dynamo 4 - New England Revolution 0||MLS|
|Nov 6, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 3 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|Nov 2, 2013||New England Revolution 2 - Sporting Kansas City 1||MLS|
|Oct 27, 2013||Columbus Crew 0 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|Oct 19, 2013||New England Revolution 3 - Columbus Crew 2||MLS|
|-||Paolo Daniel Cardozo||Midfielder|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed