MLS Preview: San Jose Earthquakes - Houston Dynamo
The Earthquakes are set to take on the Dynamo in the first-ever MLS game at AT&T Park as both teams look to build on winning starts to the season.
By Nick Rosano
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Bernardez, Morrow, Corrales; Chavez, Cronin, Baca, Salinas; Lenhart, Wondolowski.||
OUT: MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); FW Alan Gordon (R hip surgery); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
QUESTIONABLE:MF Jacob Hustedt (L ankle surgery)
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2):
Hall; Hainault, Cameron, Boswell, Ashe; Clark, Watson, Moffat, Davis; Ching, Bruin
No injuries to report.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The game will be played at AT&T Park in San Francisco, the home of Major League Baseball’s San Francisco Giants. It will be the first match in a doubleheader also featuring Mexico’s U-23 side against Senegal’s.
- The clash will be the Earthquakes’ second all-time MLS regular season game in San Francisco and their first at AT&T Park. They previously fell 3-0 to the Columbus Crew at Candlestick Park on Aug. 8, 2009.
- San Jose forward Chris Wondolowski has a current MLS-best active streak of six straight games with at least one goal, also an Earthquakes record and one goal per game shy of an MLS record. However, he is yet to net a goal or an assist in three appearances against the Dynamo, his former team.
- San Jose captain Ramiro Corrales, who turned 35 on March 12, is set to make his 200th start for the Earthquakes. Corrales is the last remaining MLS original from 1996.
- Forward Brian Ching and midfielder Brad Davis were both part of the Earthquakes team that relocated to Houston at the end of the 2005 season, and both have posted strong numbers against the reincarnation of their former team. Ching has three goals in six games against the Earthquakes, and Brad Davis has three goals and four assists against the Earthquakes in a Dynamo uniform.
- Both teams posted 1-0 wins on the opening weekend of the 2012 MLS season. Wondolowski struck in the 15th minute to guide the Earthquakes to a 1-0 win over the visiting New England Revolution, and defender Andre Hainault struck an injury-time winner to lift the Dynamo past Chivas USA during their visit to the Home Depot Center.
Top 3 Predictions
San Jose Earthquakes 0-1 Houston Dynamo
- 20 %
San Jose Earthquakes 2-1 Houston Dynamo
- 20 %
San Jose Earthquakes 2-2 Houston Dynamo
- 13.33 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 30, 2013||Houston Dynamo 2 - San Jose Earthquakes 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 17, 2012||San Jose Earthquakes 0 - Houston Dynamo 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 17, 2011||Houston Dynamo 2 - San Jose Earthquakes 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 4, 2011||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - Houston Dynamo 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 16, 2010||San Jose Earthquakes 0 - Houston Dynamo 1|
|San Jose Earthquakes|
|Oct 26, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - FC Dallas 1||MLS|
|Oct 23, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - Heredia Jaguares 0||CCL|
|Oct 20, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 0 - San Jose Earthquakes 0||MLS|
|Oct 9, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - Colorado Rapids 0||MLS|
|Sep 29, 2013||Chivas USA 0 - San Jose Earthquakes 1||MLS|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed