MLS Preview: FC Dallas - Portland Timbers
Two of the offseasons's most-talked about forwards, Blas Perez and Kris Boyd, will square off as both teams look to build momentum after impressive wins.
By Nick Rosano
|FC Dallas (4-4-1-1): Hartman; Loyd, Pertuz, Ihemelu, Benitez; Wiedeman, Hernandez, Jacobson, Rodriguez; Villar; Perez
OUT: MF David Ferreira (R ankle); FW Scott Sealy (R knee)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Fabian Castillo (L knee)
|Portland Timbers (4-4-2): Perkins; Palmer, Mosquera, Brunner, Wallace; Alhassan, Jewsbury, Chara, Alexander; Perlaza, Boyd
OUT: DF Futty Danso (L foot fracture); DF David Horst (R hip surgery); FW Eddie Johnson (concussion); DF Steve Purdy (L hamstring strain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Franck Songoío (R knee sprain); MF Sal Zizzo (L ACL surgery)
PROBABLE: FW Jorge Perlaza (L Achilles tendinitis)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The two teams split the 2011 season series. Portland topped Dallas 3-2 at home and the Hoops exacted revenge at their place, winning 4-0.
- Both teams opened the 2012 season with home wins. Portland came from behind to win 3-1 against Philadelphia behind goals from rookie Andrew Jean-Baptiste, Kris Boyd and Kalif Alhassan. The latter earned MLS Player of the Week honors for his goal and the assist he provided on Boyd's goal.
- Dallas got revenge on New York for its 2011 playoff elimination, winning 2-1 at FC Dallas Stadium. Goals from Zach Loyd and Ricardo Villar, plus an influential display from highly-touted striker Blas Perez, were enough to secure a win.
- FC Dallas will be without Brek Shea, who was called into the U.S. U-23 national team for Olympic qualifying. However, it added a new face in Colombian striker Luis Perea, whom the club signed from now-extinct Peruvian outfit Universidad San Martin.
- Portland will finally be able to count on recently-signed center back Hanyer Mosquera, who missed out on the team's season opener while the club waited for his international transfer certificate.
- The Timbers will be looking to improve on the road, having only won twice away from home in their inaugural season.
Top 3 Predictions
FC Dallas 1-2 Portland Timbers
- 30 %
FC Dallas 1-1 Portland Timbers
- 25 %
FC Dallas 3-1 Portland Timbers
- 15 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 29, 2014||FC Dallas 2 - Portland Timbers 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 17, 2013||Portland Timbers 2 - FC Dallas 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 15, 2013||Portland Timbers 1 - FC Dallas 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 8, 2013||FC Dallas 1 - Portland Timbers 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 5, 2012||Portland Timbers 1 - FC Dallas 1|
|Apr 19, 2014||FC Dallas 2 - Toronto FC 1||MLS|
|Apr 12, 2014||FC Dallas 2 - Seattle Sounders FC 3||MLS|
|Apr 5, 2014||Houston Dynamo 1 - FC Dallas 4||MLS|
|Mar 29, 2014||FC Dallas 2 - Portland Timbers 1||MLS|
|Mar 22, 2014||FC Dallas 3 - Chivas USA 1||MLS|
|21||Diego Ferney Chará||Midfielder|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed