MLS Cup Preview: Los Angeles Galaxy - Houston Dynamo
The Galaxy are heavily favored to take home Major League Soccer's ultimate prize against the Brad Davis-less visitors.
By Seth Vertelney
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Gonzalez, Dunivant; Magee, Juninho, Beckham, Donovan; Keane, Cristman.||
OUT: DF Sean Alvarado (R knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery); FW Chad Barrett (dislocated foot)
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (back spasms); DF Gregg Berhalter (R foot sprain); DF Bryan Jordan (L middle finger tendon rupture)
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Hainault, Boswell, Cameron, Taylor; Cruz, Moffat, Carmargo, Ashe; Ching, Carr.||
OUT: FW Cam Weaver (R hip); MF Brad Davis (torn quad)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Dynamo will be missing their MVP candidate Brad Davis, who went down in the Eastern Conference final with a torn quad
- The Galaxy will also be without a starter, as forward Chad Barrett dislocated his foot in training last week.
- The Galaxy have a chance to cap off one of the greatest seasons in MLS history with a win. Their 67 points in the regular season is the second-highest total in league history, and their 0.82 goals conceded per game is third best in league history.
- The Galaxy have not lost a game at the Home Depot Center all season. The Dynamo did not win a road match until Sept. 24, but have now won four consecutive matches on the road, including playoff games.
- With all of their stars, it's been the unsung Mike Magee who's been the hero for the Galaxy in the playoffs, as he's scored a goal in all three postseason matches.
- The Galaxy defeated the Dynamo 1-0 at the Home Depot Center in May. The Dynamo won the reverse fixture in October by a 3-1 score, but the Galaxy fielded an almost entirely second-choice lineup, with the Supporters' Shield having been clinched already.
- Bruce Arena and Dominic Kinnear are both tied with Sigi Schmid and Frank Yallop for the most MLS Cups won as a coach with two. The winner of this match will earn his third, and will sit alone as the coach with the most MLS Cup victories ever.
Top 3 Predictions
Los Angeles Galaxy 2-1 Houston Dynamo
- 26.28 %
Los Angeles Galaxy 2-0 Houston Dynamo
- 14.9 %
Los Angeles Galaxy 3-1 Houston Dynamo
- 14.9 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 5, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 0 - Houston Dynamo 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Dec 1, 2012||Los Angeles Galaxy 3 - Houston Dynamo 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 26, 2012||Houston Dynamo 2 - Los Angeles Galaxy 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Nov 20, 2011||Los Angeles Galaxy 1 - Houston Dynamo 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 23, 2011||Houston Dynamo 3 - Los Angeles Galaxy 1|
|Los Angeles Galaxy|
|Nov 7, 2013||Real Salt Lake 2 - Los Angeles Galaxy 0||MLS|
|Nov 3, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 1 - Real Salt Lake 0||MLS|
|Oct 27, 2013||Seattle Sounders FC 1 - Los Angeles Galaxy 1||MLS|
|Oct 24, 2013||A.D. Isidro Metapán 4 - Los Angeles Galaxy 0||CCL|
|Oct 20, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 0 - San Jose Earthquakes 0||MLS|
|-||Paolo Daniel Cardozo||Midfielder|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed