Coming off a Wild Card victory against Columbus, the Rapids host the East's top seed in the first leg of the conference semifinals.
|Colorado Rapids (4-4-2): Pickens; Kimura, Moor, Wynne, Comminges; Mullan, Thompson, Larentowicz, Nyassi; Cummings, Folan.
OUT: FW Conor Casey (L Achilles tear); DF Anthony Wallace (R knee arthroscopic surgery);
QUESTIONABLE: MF Pablo Mastroeni (concussion);
PROBABLE: GK Matt Pickens (R groin strain); MF Jamie Smith (R hamstring strain / R calf strain)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Cesar, Arnaud, Zusi; Bravo, Kamara, Bunbury.||
OUT: DF Daneil Cyrus (L foot fracture); MF Luke Sassano (R knee sprain); MF Peterson Joseph (R knee surgery); MF Konrad Warzycha (R knee surgery)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- With its 1-0 win over D.C. United on Saturday, Sporting Kansas City secured first place in the Eastern Conference.
- Colorado advanced in the playoffs via a 1-0 home win over Columbus in Thursday night's Wild Card match. Omar Cummings scored the game's only goal.
- The two sides played to two 1-1 draws during the 2011 regular season, one in May and one in July.
- This will be the fourth time the two sides have met in the postseason, and the first since 2003, when the Wizards defeated the Rapids to reach to the Western Conference finals.
- After a miserable opening to the season, SKC put together a 12-3-9 record from June 9 until the end of the season.
- Colorado will likely be without Jamie Smith for this match, who was stretchered off Thursday night's game with an apparent knee injury.