MLS Preview: D.C. United - Sporting Kansas City
Sporting KC looks to clinch the first seed in the Eastern Conference at RFK Stadium. D.C. is already out.
By Seth Vertelney
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Korb, White, McDonald, Woolard; Najar, Kitchen, King, da Luz; Brettschneider, Wolff.||
OUT: MF Branko Boskovic (L ACL tear); MF Chris Pontius (R tibia fracture); DF Jed Zayner (L knee sprain)
PROBABLE: DF Dejan Jakovic (R hamstring strain)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Cesar, Arnaud, Zusi; Bravo, Kamara, Bunbury.||
OUT: DF Daneil Cyrus (L foot fracture); MF Luke Sassano (R knee sprain); MF Konrad Warzycha (R knee surgery); MF Peterson Joseph (R knee contusion)
PROBABLE: FW Kei Kamara (R ankle contusion)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Sporting Kansas City clinched a playoff berth last weekend with a 2-0 home victory over the New York Red Bulls. Teal Bunbury and C.J. Sapong got the goals.
- D.C. was eliminated from playoff contention with a 1-1 draw against Portland on Wednesday.
- With a win in this match, Sporting KC will clinch the first seed in the Eastern Conference. A draw will also see it clinch, provided Columbus doesn't win.
- Dwayne De Rosario has scored in each of his last two games to take the lead in the Golden Boot race with 16 goals. Chris Wondolowski is in second with 15.
- Kei Kemara, Teal Bunbury, and Omar Bravo are all tied for the SKC team lead in goals with nine.
- D.C. is 1-5-2 in the eight games it has played since losing midfielder Chris Pontius for the season with a broken leg.
- After starting with a 1-6-3 record, Sporting Kansas City has rattled off a 11-3-9 mark.
Top 3 Predictions
D.C. United 1-2 Sporting Kansas City
- 31.25 %
D.C. United 1-1 Sporting Kansas City
- 12.5 %
D.C. United 1-3 Sporting Kansas City
- 12.5 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 18, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 1 - D.C. United 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 19, 2013||D.C. United 1 - Sporting Kansas City 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 5, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 1 - D.C. United 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 11, 2012||Sporting Kansas City 2 - D.C. United 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 10, 2012||D.C. United 0 - Sporting Kansas City 1|
|Apr 19, 2014||Columbus Crew 1 - D.C. United 1||MLS|
|Apr 12, 2014||D.C. United 1 - New York Red Bulls 0||MLS|
|Apr 5, 2014||D.C. United 2 - New England Revolution 0||MLS|
|Mar 29, 2014||D.C. United 2 - Chicago Fire 2||MLS|
|Mar 22, 2014||Toronto FC 1 - D.C. United 0||MLS|
|Sporting Kansas City|
|Apr 19, 2014||Sporting Kansas City 4 - Montreal Impact 0||MLS|
|Apr 5, 2014||Sporting Kansas City 0 - Real Salt Lake 0||MLS|
|Mar 29, 2014||Colorado Rapids 2 - Sporting Kansas City 3||MLS|
|Mar 22, 2014||Sporting Kansas City 1 - San Jose Earthquakes 0||MLS|
|Mar 19, 2014||Cruz Azul 5 - Sporting Kansas City 1||CCL|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed