MLS Preview: Philadelphia Union - Toronto FC
Philly, first in the East, looks to clinch a playoff berth with a win at home to TFC, which is already eliminated from postseason contention.
By Seth Vertelney
|Philadelphia Union (4-4-2): Mondragon; Williams, Valdes, Califf, Farfan; Farfan, Adu, Carroll, Mapp; Paunovic, Le Toux.||
OUT: GK Thorne Holder (concussion); FW Levi Houapeu (L ankle strain)
DOUBTFUL: DF Joe Tait (R ankle sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: GK Faryd Mondragon (R finger fracture); DF Danny Califf (L shoulder sprain)
PROBABLE: GK Zac MacMath (L ankle sprain); MF Stefani Miglioranzi (R calf strain)
|Toronto FC (4-3-3): Frei; Eckersley, Harden, Iro, Morgan; Dunfield, de Guzman, Avila; Soolsma, Marosevic, Johnson.||
OUT: MF Elbekay Bouchiba (R knee surgery recovery); DF Adrian Cann (R knee surgery recovery); DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery recovery)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Demitrius Omphroy (R knee swelling); MF Joao Plata (L hamstring strain); MF Oscar Cordon (R hip flexor)
PROBABLE: FW Danny Koevermans (R knee contusion)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
The Union have moved into first place in the Eastern Conference, two points ahead of Sporting Kansas City, thanks to a 2-0 win at Seattle last weekend.
- Toronto FC could rest some starters in this match, as it is out of contention for the MLS playoffs and has an important CONCACAF Champions League match versus FC Dallas just three days later.
- Philadelphia can clinch a playoff berth with a victory in this match.
- TFC gave up a late equalizer to Thierry Henry in its last match, a 1-1 home draw against New York.
- Michael Farfan has started and played 90 minutes in six straight games for Philadelphia, and the Union have not lost in the same span.
- Despite only appearing in nine games so far, Danny Koevermans leads TFC in scoring with seven goals.
Top 3 Predictions
Philadelphia Union 3-1 Toronto FC
- 21.43 %
Philadelphia Union 3-0 Toronto FC
- 21.43 %
Philadelphia Union 2-1 Toronto FC
- 14.29 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 5, 2013||Philadelphia Union 1 - Toronto FC 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 1, 2013||Toronto FC 1 - Philadelphia Union 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 13, 2013||Philadelphia Union 1 - Toronto FC 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 15, 2012||Toronto FC 1 - Philadelphia Union 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 8, 2012||Philadelphia Union 3 - Toronto FC 0|
|Oct 26, 2013||Philadelphia Union 1 - Sporting Kansas City 2||MLS|
|Oct 19, 2013||Montreal Impact 2 - Philadelphia Union 1||MLS|
|Oct 12, 2013||D.C. United 1 - Philadelphia Union 1||MLS|
|Oct 5, 2013||Philadelphia Union 1 - Toronto FC 0||MLS|
|Sep 27, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 0 - Philadelphia Union 1||MLS|
|3||Carlos Enrique Valdes||Defender|
|11||Sebastien Le Toux||Midfielder|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed