Champions League Preview: AC Milan - Barcelona
Top spot in Group H is still very much up for grabs as the Rossoneri welcome the reigning European champions to San Siro on Wednesday
Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Antonini
Nocerino, Van Bommel, Aquilani
Puyol, Pique, Mascherano, Abidal
Busquets, Xavi, Fabregas
Sanchez, Villa, Messi
AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri will be without the services of Antonio Cassano who is recovering from heart surgery while Philippe Mexes is still nursing a broken wrist.
Alexandre Pato came on as a substitute in the goalless draw against Fiorentina at the weekend and could be handed a starting role up front in Wednesday's encounter.
Barca coach Pep Guardiola faces a selection headache at right-back as Dani Alves is suspended and Adriano is injured. Carles Puyol could slide over to full-back and Javier Mascherano to the centre of defence to compensate for the Brazilian duo's absence.
Andres Iniesta will miss the crunch clash with a thigh strain, but Pedro recently returned from an ankle problem and could see some action off the bench.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- AC Milan has only won three out of their last 10 home games in the Champions League.
- Massimiliano Allegri's men have won six out of their last eight matches in all competitions.
- The Rossoneri have picked up two wins at San Siro against Barca in the Champions League (W2 D1 L2).
- Alexandre Pato scored the fifth fastest goal in the history of the competition (24 seconds) at Camp Nou in the 2-2 draw on September 13, 2011.
- Barcelona has scored more goals than any other club in this season's tournament so far (13).
- The holders have succumbed to only one defeat in their last eight Champions League encounters away from Camp Nou.
- The Blaugrana's overall record against Italian teams in Europe is W5 D6 L5.
- Pep Guardiola's side have outscored their opponents 9-0 in their last two away matches in Group H.
Top 3 Predictions
Milan 2-1 Barcelona
- 17.13 %
Milan 2-0 Barcelona
- 12.9 %
Milan 1-3 Barcelona
- 11.56 %
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Mar 12, 2013||Barcelona 4 - Milan 0|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Feb 20, 2013||Milan 2 - Barcelona 0|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Apr 3, 2012||Barcelona 3 - Milan 1|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Mar 28, 2012||Milan 0 - Barcelona 0|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Nov 23, 2011||Milan 2 - Barcelona 3|
|May 19, 2013||Siena 1 - Milan 2||ITA1|
|May 12, 2013||Milan 0 - AS Roma 0||ITA1|
|May 8, 2013||Pescara 0 - Milan 4||ITA1|
|May 5, 2013||Milan 1 - Torino 0||ITA1|
|Apr 28, 2013||Milan 4 - Catania 2||ITA1|
|-||Mark van Bommel||Midfielder|
|13||José Pinto Colorado||Goalkeeper|
|-||Andreu Fontàs Prat||Defender|
|34||Jonathan Dos Santos||Midfielder|