Serie A Preview: Napoli - Juventus
Antonio Conte's side aim to strengthen their lead at the league summit with three more points against the stuttering southern Italians, who have flattered to deceive domestically
By Livio Caferoglu
Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica
Maggio, Inler, Gargano, Zuniga
Lichtsteiner, Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini
Vidal, Pirlo, Pazienza
Pepe, Matri, Vucinic
Walter Mazzarri will be expecting a significant improvement in his side's performance levels after only collecting a disappointing 1-1 draw with Atalanta over the weekend. The result also came in stark contrast to their triumphant display midweek against Manchester City in the Champions League.
However, the Napoli coach received particular criticism for dropping Ezequiel Lavezzi on Saturday, and the Argentine forward is set to be reinstated in place of Goran Pandev, who failed to impress in his colleague's place as one of the two players supporting Edinson Cavani.
Meanwhile for Juventus, just one alteration is in the pipeline for Antonio Conte, as Claudio Marchisio is suspended for the trip to the San Paolo, and it is likely Michele Pazienza will be given the nod to face his former employers alongside Arturo Vidal and Andrea Pirlo in midfield.
||DID YOU KNOW|
- Napoli has won just one of its past six Serie A fixtures, with no league victory in their last four.
- The club has not achieved consecutive domestic victories all season.
- However, it remains unbeaten in its last four league meetings with Juventus, winning three.
- Juventus is the only side without a defeat in Serie A after 11 matches, including seven wins.
- In addition, the club has won their past four on the bounce, but have kept just one clean sheet in the sequence.
- The away team has won just once in their past 11 meetings; a 3-2 triumph for Napoli during the 2009-10 campaign.
Top 3 Predictions
Napoli 1-2 Juventus
- 25.48 %
Napoli 0-2 Juventus
- 13.77 %
Napoli 9-0 Juventus
- 13.33 %
|Serie A (SR-A)||Nov 10, 2013||Juventus 3 - Napoli 0|
|Serie A (SR-A)||Mar 1, 2013||Napoli 1 - Juventus 1|
|Serie A (SR-A)||Oct 20, 2012||Juventus 2 - Napoli 0|
|Italy - TIM Supercup (TIMS)||Aug 11, 2012||Juventus 4 - Napoli 2|
|Italy - Coppa Italia (ITAC)||May 20, 2012||Juventus 0 - Napoli 2|
|Mar 2, 2014||Livorno 1 - Napoli 1||SR-A|
|Feb 27, 2014||Napoli 3 - Swansea City 1||EL|
|Feb 24, 2014||Napoli 1 - Genoa 1||SR-A|
|Feb 20, 2014||Swansea City 0 - Napoli 0||EL|
|Feb 16, 2014||Sassuolo 0 - Napoli 2||SR-A|
|26||Morgan De Sanctis||Goalkeeper|
|11||Paolo De Ceglie||Defender|
|-||Alessandro Del Piero||Striker|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed