La Liga Preview: Osasuna - Barcelona
Pep Guardiola's side is back on La Liga duty after successfully progressing to the Copa del Rey final as it travels to face Jose Luis Mendilibar's men in Pamplona.
By Martin Macdonald
Bertran, Flano, Segio, Satrustegui
Damia, Nekounam, Garcia
Alves, Pique, Puyol, Abidal
Xavi, Mascherano, Thiago
Messi, Cesc, Sanchez
Sergio Busquets is doubtful for Barcelona after he suffered a nasty gash to the knee in last weekend's win over Real Sociedad and missed the Copa del Rey semifinal victory against Valencia on Wednesday. The Spain international did train on Thursday but may not be fully fit.
Pedro is also lacking match fitness after only recently returning to training after a knee injury and Barca is still without long term absentees Andreu Fontas, Ibrahim Afellay, and David Villa.
On a positive note, Andres Iniesta made a cameo appearance in midweek and could be in contention to feature against Osasuna. Victor Valdes will be restored to the starting XI to replace of Jose Pinto.
Jose Luis Mendilibar has a few first team players who are absent for the match at Reyno de Navarra. Masoud Shojaei and Kike Sola continue to exercise apart from their teammates and are still to resume full training with the squad.
Javier Calleja and Alvara Cejudo did, however, train with the rest of the squad this week as they continue their rehabilitation.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last match between Barcelona and Osasuna ended in a 2-1 victory for the Catalan side in the Copa del Rey in January. Alexis Sanchez and Sergi Roberto both scored to seal the win.
- After the victory over Valencia on Wednesday that saw progression in the Copa del Rey, Pep Guardiola has led his side to 12 finals in three and a half years in charge.
- In the last three meetings against Osasuna, Barcelona has scored 14 times.
- Osasuna has not collected a victory in nine games. The club's last win came against Villarreal on Dec. 18.
- Jose Luis Mendilibar's men are currently 9th in La Liga after notching up 28 points from 21 games played.
- Osasuna has the third worst goal difference in La Liga. The team has scored 23 goals but conceded 33 so far.
Top 3 Predictions
Osasuna 0-3 Barcelona
- 19.75 %
Osasuna 0-4 Barcelona
- 13.58 %
Osasuna 1-3 Barcelona
- 7.54 %
|La Liga (LIGA)||Oct 19, 2013||Osasuna 0 - Barcelona 0|
|La Liga (LIGA)||Jan 27, 2013||Barcelona 5 - Osasuna 1|
|La Liga (LIGA)||Aug 26, 2012||Osasuna 1 - Barcelona 2|
|La Liga (LIGA)||Feb 11, 2012||Osasuna 3 - Barcelona 2|
|Copa del Rey (ESPC)||Jan 12, 2012||Osasuna 1 - Barcelona 2|
|Dec 1, 2013||Valencia 3 - Osasuna 0||LIGA|
|Nov 22, 2013||Valladolid 0 - Osasuna 1||LIGA|
|Nov 8, 2013||Osasuna 0 - Almeria 1||LIGA|
|Nov 2, 2013||Real Sociedad 5 - Osasuna 0||LIGA|
|Oct 30, 2013||Osasuna 3 - Rayo Vallecano 1||LIGA|
|5||Manuel Ortiz Toribio||Midfielder|
|13||José Pinto Colorado||Goalkeeper|
|8||Andrés Iniesta Luján||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed