The Catalan side attempts to end its recent run of draws as Phillipe Montanier's outfit travels to Camp Nou for Spanish Primera Division action.
Alves, Pique, Puyol, Abidal
Xavi, Busquets, Thiago
Messi, Cesc, Sanchez
C.Martinez, Gonzalez, I.Martinez, Estrada
Elustondo, Aranburu, Zurutuza
Griezmann, Agirretxe, Vela
Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has a number of first team squad members out with injury as he prepares for the match against Real Sociedad. Andres Iniesta and Pedro are both missing with thigh injuries and are currently sidelined along with long term absentees David Villa, Andreu Fontas, and Ibrahim Afellay.
Seydou Keita is still on African Cup Of Nations duty with Mali but Barca has been buoyed by the sharp return to fitness of Alexis Sanchez, who was thought to be out for a number of weeks with a shoulder injury but featured in the recent matches against Villarreal and Valencia.
Dani Alves should come back into the starting XI after being dropped for the Copa del Rey match at the Mestalla on Wednesday.
Phillipe Montanier's side has a few slight worries for the match at Camp Nou. Asier Illarramendi has returned to ball work in training and Alberto de la Bella is progressing to full fitness, but neither will feature against Barcelona.
On a positive note for Sociedad, Vadim Demidov has returned to full training and could feature in some capacity against the Catalans.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last match between Barcelona and Real Sociedad ended in a 2-2 draw with Phillipe Montanier's outfit coming from two goals behind to earn a draw at the Anoeta.
- It had been four years since Barca recorded three successive draws. The club drew 2-2 against Real Madrid, 0-0 in Villarreal and 1-1 draw against Valencia in the Copa del Rey.
- Carles Puyol scored his third goal of the season in the draw at the Mestalla on Wednesday. His tally for his club now stands at 12 goals in 535 appearances for the Catalan giants.
- Real Sociedad is currently 12th place in the Spanish Primera Division with 24 points taken from 20 games.
- Sociedad has scored 37 goals less than Barcelona in the league so far this season. The Txuri-urdin have netted 22 goals compared to Barca's 59.
- Real Sociedad has contributed to Barcelona's stuttering away form this season. Pep Guardiola's side has drawn five times on the road in La Liga and one of those stalemates came at the Anoeta.