|Real Zaragoza (4-4-2): Franco, Juarez, Mateos, Lanzaro, Arango; Pinter, Ponzio, Lafita, Minero; Perez, Uche
Javier Aguirre's outfit has seen a number of changes over the summer, with nine new additions being made to the Zaragoza side.
New recruits include experienced center back Fernando Meira, and on-loan Portuguese star Ruben Micael, but the latter is unlikely to make his debut at this stage. Recent signing Pablo Barrera from West Ham should make the bench.
| Real Madrid (4-2-3-1): Casillas; Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Carvalho, Coentrao; Xabi Alonso, Khedira; Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo; Benzema
Jose Mourinho has improved his squad with a number of signings during the offseason, but few, if any of the new faces are likely to be considered to compete at La Romareda.
Former Benfica man Fabio Coentrao may be given the nod at left back, while Nuri Sahin is fighting to overcome a knee injury. Otherwise, the Portuguese coach should have a clean bill ahead of the delayed start to the campaign.
- Real Madrid dropped only six points at home last season, and one of the sides that managed to grab a win at the Santiago Bernabeu was this week's opponents.
- Prior to the recent Supercopa loss to Barcelona, Madrid's last away defeat in all competitions came against Osasuna on Jan.30 when it lost 1-0.
- Last season, Jose Mourinho's men scored most of their goals in the league between the 16th and 30th minute and conceded most between the 46th and 60th minute.
- Cristiano Ronaldo attempted a shot at goal 250 times last season in La Liga.
- Real Zaragoza's highest league appearances last season were made by Gabi and Jiri Jarosik, who are both no longer with the club after moving on to Atletico Madrid and Sparta Prague respectively.
- Javier Aguirre's side performed twice as well at home as it did away last season, notching up 30 points at La Romareda and 15 on the road.
- In the last campaign, Zaragoza conceded most of its goals between the 76th and the 90th minute.
- Zaragoza scored well under half the amount of goals that the club's weekend counterparts managed to notch up last season, with just 40 goals to Madrid's 102.