Real Salt Lake, losers of three out of its last four matches, travels to Houston to face a Dynamo squad that has been tough at home, with a 7-3-3 record.
Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Freeman, Hainault, Boswell, Ashe; Watson, Cameron, Davis, Dixon; Ching, Costly.
OUT: FW Will Bruin (L knee surgery); MF Danny Cruz (R quad strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Colin Clark (L knee injury)
Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Russell, Schuler, Borchers, Beltran; Williams, Beckerman, Gil, Johnson; Saborio, Espindola.
OUT: MF Nelson González (R foot fracture), MF Ned Grabavoy (L adductor strain); MF Javier Morales (L ankle fracture dislocation), DF Chris Wingert (L wrist fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Jamison Olave (L knee MCL strain)
PROBABLE: MF Jean Alexandre (R knee internal pain), DF Tony Beltran (neck strain) GK Nick Rimando (R wrist pain), FW Álvaro Saborío (R knee effusion)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
The Dynamo was in action Wednesday. Bobby Boswell scored a late equalizer to tie New England 1-1 on the road.
- Real Salt Lake suffered a surprise 1-0 loss at Toronto FC last weekend. The defeat was RSL's third in four league matches.
- With the draw against New England, Houston improved to 7-7-11 and moved behind Kansas City into fourth in the Eastern Conference.
- With its slump, RSL has fallen to fifth in the West, and it faces eight of its final 12 matches on the road.
- Adam Moffat was ejected late against the Revolution for a scuffle with Matt Reis and will miss out on this match.
- Jamison Olave trained at full strength this week for the first time since suffering an MCL strain in the All-Star Game and could play in this match. Meanwhile, Chris Wingert is out four to six weeks with a broken wrist.
- Calen Carr made his season debut for Houston against New England. He had been suffering the effects of a concussion.