MLS Preview: Toronto FC - Real Salt Lake
After consecutive draws, the new-look Toronto FC faces a tough test, welcoming Real Salt Lake to BMO Field.
By Seth Vertelney
Toronto FC (4-3-3): Frei; Morgan, Eckersley, Iro, Henry; de Guzman, Frings, Avila; Johnson, Koevermans, Plata.
OUT: MF Elbekay Bouchiba (R knee surgery recovery); DF Adrian Cann (R knee surgery recovery); DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery recovery); MF Leandre Griffit (abdominal strain);
QUESTIONABLE: MF Julian de Guzman (L knee swelling); MF Terry Dunfield (R adductor strain); MF Nathan Sturgis (L gluteus strain); MF Gianluca Zavarise (L hamstring tightness); DF Eddy Viator (L hamstring tightness);
PROBABLE: FW Ryan Johnson (ankle sprain)
Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Russell, Schuler, Borchers, Wingert; Williams, Beckerman, Gil, Johnson; Saborio, Espindola.
OUT: MF Nelson González (R foot fracture); MF Ned Grabavoy (L adductor strain); MF Javier Morales (L ankle fracture dislocation);
DOUBTFUL: DF Jamison Olave (L knee MCL strain);
PROBABLE: MF Jean Alexandre (R knee internal pain); GK Nick Rimando (R wrist pain); FW Álvaro Saborío (R knee swelling)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Toronto FC got its second straight road result last weekend, tying D.C. United 3-3. The Reds will feel they should have won, though, as they conceded a late penalty to allow the equalizer, and were up a man for the majority of the match.
- Real Salt Lake broke a two-game losing streak last weekend in a 3-0 home victory over the slumping New York Red Bulls.
- Toronto Designated Played Julian de Guzman scored his first goal for the club last weekend in his 42nd game with the team.
- Real Salt Lake midfielder Kyle Beckerman played 90 minutes for the U.S. national team in its 1-1 draw against Mexico in a mid-week friendly.
- Toronto has secured consecutive results on the road, with a 2-2 draw at Portland, then a 3-3 draw at D.C. The two draws have seen the club move out of the Eastern Conference basement, which is now occupied by the Chicago Fire.
- 17-year-old Luis Gil scored his first MLS goal in RSL's win over New York last week.
Top 3 Predictions
Toronto FC 0-2 Real Salt Lake
- 26.92 %
Toronto FC 1-2 Real Salt Lake
- 15.39 %
Toronto FC 0-1 Real Salt Lake
- 7.69 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 29, 2013||Toronto FC 0 - Real Salt Lake 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 28, 2012||Real Salt Lake 3 - Toronto FC 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 13, 2011||Toronto FC 1 - Real Salt Lake 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 25, 2011||Real Salt Lake 3 - Toronto FC 1|
|CCL (CCL)||Sep 28, 2010||Toronto FC 1 - Real Salt Lake 1|
|Oct 26, 2013||Toronto FC 1 - Montreal Impact 0||MLS|
|Oct 19, 2013||Chicago Fire 1 - Toronto FC 0||MLS|
|Oct 5, 2013||Philadelphia Union 1 - Toronto FC 0||MLS|
|Sep 28, 2013||Toronto FC 4 - D.C. United 1||MLS|
|Sep 21, 2013||Toronto FC 1 - Sporting Kansas City 2||MLS|
|-||Julian De Guzman||Defender|