MLS Preview: Chivas USA - Houston Dynamo
It's never pretty when these two sides meet. Houston will fly to Los Angeles to take on Chivas USA with both sides coming off MLS draws.
By Zac Lee Rigg
Chivas USA (4-4-2): Kennedy; Trujillo, Umana, Pearce, Valentin; Gavin, Elliott, LaBrocca, Flores; Braun, Estupinan.
DOUBTFUL: DF Jimmy Conrad (concussion); MF Ben Zemanski (L ankle)
Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Sarkodie, Hainault, Boswell, Ashe; Watson, Cameron, Davis, Cruz; Bruin, Weaver.
OUT: DF Jermaine Taylor (concussion)
DOUBTFUL: FW Calen Carr (concussion)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
One point separates these sides in the standings. Houston (24 points) is fourth in the East; Chivas USA (23 points) is seventh in the West.
- Both these sides enter this match coming off MLS draws a week ago. Houston conceded to Aurelien Collin in the last minute of play to tie Sporting KC 1-1 and Chivas USA held the New York Red Bulls to a scoreless draw.
- The New York draw extended the Goats' unbeaten run to four matches. However, Houston has won five in a row against Chivas USA, including a 2-1 win in Texas on June 11.
- On Thursday the Dynamo traded Mike Chabala and Lovel Palmer to the Portland Timbers for Adam Moffat. The most important part of the deal from a Dynamo perspective was the allocation money and international roster slot that Portland gave up.
- Also on Thursday former Chivas USA head coach Martin Vasquez was named Head Coach and Director of Soccer Operations of Real Salt Lake-Arizona academy. He'll oversee RSL's Development Academy U-16 and U-18 sides.
- Six players from this game could feature Wednesday in the All-Star Game. Houston has four representatives - Tally Hall, Corey Ashe, Geoff Cameron and Brad Davis - and the Goats are sending two players - Heath Pearce and Nick LaBrocca.
Top 3 Predictions
Chivas USA 1-1 Houston Dynamo
- 45.83 %
Chivas USA 1-0 Houston Dynamo
- 12.5 %
Chivas USA 0-1 Houston Dynamo
- 8.33 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 21, 2013||Houston Dynamo 5 - Chivas USA 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 11, 2012||Chivas USA 0 - Houston Dynamo 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 23, 2011||Chivas USA 3 - Houston Dynamo 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 11, 2011||Houston Dynamo 2 - Chivas USA 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 8, 2010||Chivas USA 0 - Houston Dynamo 2|
|Oct 26, 2013||Chivas USA 0 - Portland Timbers 5||MLS|
|Oct 23, 2013||Real Salt Lake 2 - Chivas USA 1||MLS|
|Oct 6, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 5 - Chivas USA 0||MLS|
|Sep 29, 2013||Chivas USA 0 - San Jose Earthquakes 1||MLS|
|Sep 21, 2013||Houston Dynamo 5 - Chivas USA 1||MLS|
|-||J. Francisco Mendoza||Midfielder|