Premier League Preview: Everton - West Brom
The Baggies travel to Merseyside for a fixture which has seen a red card on the last three occasions and have the opportunity to close the four-point gap from ninth to 14th
By Edward Tibbles
Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Baines
Osman, Gibson, Fellaini, Gueye
Jones, Olsson, McAuley, Ridgewell
Tchoyi, Mulumbu, Scharner, Brunt
Although Phil Jagielka returned to action after coming off the bench in Everton's FA Cup tie with Sunderland, David Moyes is likely to stick with the back line which has been serving him well in recent weeks.
The Toffees have recently been without midfield trio Seamus Coleman (thigh), Jack Rodwell (hamstring) and Royston Drenthe, but all three are close to a return and could be in contention for a place on the bench.
Roy Hodgson is also without key midfielders with Jerome Thomas, Graham Dorran (both hamstring) and James Morrison (knee ligament) all unavailable.
This is on top of the extended lay off of Steven Reid (ankle) and Zolton Gera (knee) who are unlikely to feature again this season.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last three meetings between these sides have seen a red card shown.
- Tim Cahill (pictured right) has scored on West Brom's last two Premier League visits to Goodison Park.
- Leighton Baines is Everton's top scorer with just four goals.
- West Brom has only lost two of its last nine games on the road.
- In Everton's last four home games it has only conceded one goal, a run which has seen them face Manchester City, Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal.
- 22 percent of West Broms goals have been as a result of corners, the highest percentage in the Premier League.
- Everton has scored 70% of its goals in the second half.
Top 3 Predictions
Everton 2-0 West Bromwich
- 27.12 %
Everton 2-1 West Bromwich
- 21.19 %
Everton 3-1 West Bromwich
- 10.17 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 20, 2014||West Bromwich 1 - Everton 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 24, 2013||Everton 0 - West Bromwich 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 30, 2013||Everton 2 - West Bromwich 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 1, 2012||West Bromwich 2 - Everton 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 31, 2012||Everton 2 - West Bromwich 0|
|Mar 8, 2014||Arsenal 4 - Everton 1||FA|
|Mar 1, 2014||Everton 1 - West Ham 0||EPL|
|Feb 22, 2014||Chelsea 1 - Everton 0||EPL|
|Feb 16, 2014||Everton 3 - Swansea City 1||FA|
|Feb 9, 2014||Tottenham 1 - Everton 0||EPL|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed