Premier League Preview: Stoke City - Norwich City
The Potters won their first game at the Britannia Stadium last weekend since early December and have a chance to gather momentum for a top half finish.
By Sam Bisby
Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson
Pennant, Whelan, Delap, Etherington
Naughton, Ward, Whitbread, Drury
Bennett, Fox, Surman, Pilkington
There are no fresh injury worries for Stoke ahead the clash with the Canaries and it is likely to field a similar side to that which defeated Swansea City last weekend in a confident display to rebound from European disappointment.
Tony Pulis could hand Jermaine Pennant a place on the right flank and Rory Delap should make a return to the middle of the park after starting on the bench last Sunday.
Matthew Upson could also see his place in the starting XI under jeopardy with fellow center back Robert Huth having served his three-match ban.
Norwich meanwhile could still be without four players: Daniel Ayala, Jonathan Howson, Declan Rudd and Marc Tierney, however the latter is rated as 50-50 to face the Potters.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Norwich City has two more points (35) than it finished with in its last Premier League Season (33) back in 2005.
- The Canaries have the chance to get either their 60th Premier League victory or draw on Saturday. If Stoke City loses, it will be the club's 60th in four seasons in the Premier League.
- This is only the second time these two sides have met in the Premier League, with Paul Lambert’s men grabbing a point back at Carrow Road in a 1-1 draw earlier this season.
- Ricardo Fuller (right) is the Potters highest-ever scorer in the Premier League with 18 goals, and Peter Crouch is their most productive player in front of goal this season with seven.
- Stoke's win over Swansea last weekend ended a run of four successive defeats in the league.
- In the last 14 league meetings between these teams there has been just one win for the away side.
- A red card has been shown in four of the past seven league games between the two clubs.
- Stoke’s reputation for being dangerous from set pieces and in the air has been highlighted since the turn of the year, with all four of the club's goals in 2012 coming from headers via free kicks or corners.
- The Potters are undefeated in their last six home games against the Canaries and have won the last three.
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke 1-1 Norwich City
- 21.43 %
Stoke 2-0 Norwich City
- 15.31 %
Stoke 1-0 Norwich City
- 13.27 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 29, 2013||Stoke 0 - Norwich City 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 27, 2013||Stoke 1 - Norwich City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 3, 2012||Norwich City 1 - Stoke 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 3, 2012||Stoke 1 - Norwich City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 21, 2011||Norwich City 1 - Stoke 1|
|Dec 4, 2013||Stoke 0 - Cardiff City 0||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||Everton 4 - Stoke 0||EPL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Stoke 2 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|Nov 10, 2013||Swansea City 3 - Stoke 3||EPL|
|Nov 2, 2013||Stoke 1 - Southampton 1||EPL|