Premier League Preview: Manchester City - Fulham
The Eastlands club is on an undefeated run of 21 home games in the league, but the last time it failed to win a game at the Etihad Stadium was against Fulham last year.
By Adithya Ananth
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Nasri, Milner, Barry, Silva
Kelly, Senderos, Hangeland, Riise
Davies, Murphy, Baird, Duff
Fulham boss Martin Jol cannot field Andy Johnson in this game due to the forward being sidelined with a groin injury. Steve Sidwell (groin) is out of action as well, and he will join the striker in the treatment room.
Meanwhile, Orlando Sa sustained a hamstring injury during a reserve outing and is doubtful for this match, while new signing Pavel Pogrebnyak will not be able to take part since the Corragers are still waiting on his work permit.
Mark Schwarzer is believed to have recovered from his back injury, and could be a part of the squad for this fixture.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City has scored more goals than any other team in the Premier League, having hit the back of the net 60 times in 23 games.
- The club also has the stingiest defense in the top flight, having conceded only 19 goals so far.
- The last time that Roberto Mancini's men did not win a home game in the league was when they last met Fulham at Eastlands. The Cottagers took a point in February last year, after Damien Duff's goal cancelled out Mario Balotelli's opener.
- City has since won 16 matches on the trot at home, keeping 10 clean sheets in the process.
- Fulham is traditionally poor on its travels, and has now gone eight games without a win away from home in all competitions.
- Neither City nor the Cottagers have kept a clean sheet in the last 15 league clashes between the two clubs.
- If all matches ended at halftime, Jol's men would have been in 15th position, while the home side would have been in second place, five points behind Manchester United.
- Fulham has also been unable to beat City in the last five league meetings between the two sides, but have drawn on three occasions.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 3-0 Fulham
- 12.96 %
Manchester City 3-1 Fulham
- 11.96 %
Manchester City 2-0 Fulham
- 10.84 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 19, 2013||Manchester City 2 - Fulham 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 29, 2012||Fulham 1 - Manchester City 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 4, 2012||Manchester City 3 - Fulham 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 18, 2011||Fulham 2 - Manchester City 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 27, 2011||Manchester City 1 - Fulham 1|
|Dec 10, 2013||Bayern 2 - Manchester City 3||UCL|
|Dec 7, 2013||Southampton 1 - Manchester City 1||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||West Bromwich 2 - Manchester City 3||EPL|
|Dec 1, 2013||Manchester City 3 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|Nov 27, 2013||Manchester City 4 - FC Viktoria Plzeň 2||UCL|
|34||Nigel De Jong||Midfielder|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed