Premier League Preview: Aston Villa - Everton
The Toffees are looking to end the week on a high after a dismal outing at White Hart Lane on Wednesday, while the home side is hoping to get its first win at home since November.
By Sam Bisby
Hutton, Collins, Dunne, Warnock
Agbonlahor, Petrov, Bannan, N’Zogbia
Neville, Heitinga, Duffy, Baines
Donovan, Cahill, Fellaini, Bilyaletdinov
The home side could welcome back goalkeeper Shay Given who is on the verge of completing his recovery from a hamstring injury, but a place on the bench is most likely for the Irishman.
Chris Herd does not look to be fit enough for the clash with the Toffees, however, and Emile Heskey, who was forced off in the Villans FA Cup win over Bristol City last weekend could also miss out.
Sylvain Distin is the latest in a long list of injuries for David Moyes, after the defender was forced off in the Blues’ defeat to Spurs on Wednesday evening with a hamstring problem. Shane Duffy could be set for his second game for the Toffees having made his debut at White Hart Lane.
Leon Osman, meanwhile, has furthered his absence from the pitch after it was confirmed in mid-week he will undergo surgery to remove a floating bone on his knee.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Aston Villa has spent 100 seasons in the top-flight of English football, which is only second to Everton’s 107 campaigns. As a result, this is the most played fixture in the top-flight.
- In these 100 seasons, the Villans have taken the title seven times, but not since 1981.
- Villa Park was the first and only English stadium to host international football in three different centuries.
- Everton pair Tim Cahill (pictured right) and Leon Osman have both scored more goals against Villa than any other club, with the Australian striking seven times past the Birmingham outfit and the latter five.
- David Moyes and Alex McLeish both have one win each against the other and five draws between them.
- The Toffees have scored nearly half of their goals this season in the dying moments of the match, with 45 percent of their netted efforts coming in the last 10 minutes.
Top 3 Predictions
Aston Villa 1-1 Everton
- 20 %
Aston Villa 2-1 Everton
- 13.08 %
Aston Villa 1-0 Everton
- 10.77 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 1, 2014||Everton 2 - Aston Villa 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 26, 2013||Aston Villa 0 - Everton 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 2, 2013||Everton 3 - Aston Villa 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 25, 2012||Aston Villa 1 - Everton 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 14, 2012||Aston Villa 1 - Everton 1|
|Apr 19, 2014||Aston Villa 0 - Southampton 0||EPL|
|Apr 12, 2014||Crystal Palace 1 - Aston Villa 0||EPL|
|Apr 5, 2014||Aston Villa 1 - Fulham 2||EPL|
|Mar 29, 2014||Manchester United 4 - Aston Villa 1||EPL|
|Mar 23, 2014||Aston Villa 1 - Stoke 4||EPL|
|24||Carlos Javier Cuéllar||Defender|