Premier League Preview: Fulham - Arsenal
The Craven Cottage outfit looks to beat Arsene Wenger's Gunners for the first time since Aug. 23, 2008 in both sides' first game after the turn of the year 2012
By George Ankers
Kelly, Hangeland, Senderos, Riise
Dempsey, Ruiz, Dembele
Djourou, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen
Ramsey, Song, Arteta
Walcott, Van Persie, Gervinho
Arsenal is still without long-term absentees Jack Wilshere, Bakary Sagna and Andre Santos among an eight-strong injury list, so manager Arsene Wenger has options restricted with regard to changing his lineup from Saturday's QPR clash. Gervinho may come in to freshen up the forward line and to make best use of the Ivorian's talents before his imminent departure to the Africa Cup of Nations.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last time that Arsenal met Fulham, on Nov. 26 at the Emirates Stadium. Defender Thomas Vermaelen scored at both ends in a 1-1 draw.
- Fulham has not beaten the Gunners since Aug. 23, 2008, when a solitary goal from centre-back Brede Hangeland was enough to sink Wenger's men at Craven Cottage.
- In the six meetings that have followed that result, three have been Arsenal wins and three, including the two most recent clashes, have ended in a draw.
- Gunners captain Robin van Persie fell one short of Alan Shearer's Premier League record of goals scored in a calendar year, notching a still-inredible 35 times in the league over the course of 2011.
- Dempsey is the home side's top scorer so far this season with nine strikes to his name in all competitions. Compared to Van Persie's record, the American struck 13 in the past 12 months of Premier League football.
- Fulham has struggled to overcome fellow London sides so far this season, with three draws in five local derbies in all competitions so far this season. It also lost once to Tottenham and thumped QPR 6-0.
- The Gunners have fared slightly better, recording two wins and two draws in their own five derby games in 2011-12.
- Philippe Senderos, likely to start in central defense for Fulham, made 84 league appearances over seven years at Arsenal between 2003 and 2010.
Top 3 Predictions
Fulham 0-2 Arsenal
- 23.03 %
Fulham 1-2 Arsenal
- 18.55 %
Fulham 1-3 Arsenal
- 12.86 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 24, 2013||Fulham 1 - Arsenal 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 20, 2013||Fulham 0 - Arsenal 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 10, 2012||Arsenal 3 - Fulham 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 2, 2012||Fulham 2 - Arsenal 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 26, 2011||Arsenal 1 - Fulham 1|
|Dec 8, 2013||Fulham 2 - Aston Villa 0||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Fulham 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||West Ham 3 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Fulham 1 - Swansea City 2||EPL|
|Nov 9, 2013||Liverpool 4 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed