Premier League Preview: Swansea - Tottenham
Such prowess means a win at the Liberty Stadium would equal Spurs' best ever haul of seven away Premier League victories in a season, but Welsh side has lost just once at home.
By Jay Jaffa
Agustien, Monk, Williams, Richards
Routledge, Allen, Sinclair
Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto
Parker, Sandro, Modric
Van der Vaart, Bale
Neil Taylor remains sidelined by a knee injury, while Angel Rangel was forced off in the 1-1 draw against QPR with an ankle injury. In his suspected absence, Kemy Agustien may be forced to fill in at right back.
Mark Gower is expected to slot into the central midfield position Agustien would vacate to feature against the club he began his career at.
For Harry Redknapp it is a matter of keeping his first XI fit. Luka Modric and Younes Kaboul passed late fitness tests before the Norwich game while Emmanuel Adebayor and Rafael van der Vaart have struggled recently with hamstring problems.
Jermain Defoe may make the bench as he recovers from a hamstring strain and it is entirely possible that Ledley King will step out in Tottenham colors following a full week's rest since the Chelsea draw last Sunday.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Swansea has the third best pass completion this season (85.7 percent), ahead of Arsenal in fourth, Spurs in fifth, and Manchester United in sixth.
- Swansea has lost just once at the Liberty Stadium this season.
- However, the team has won only once in the last eight Premier League games.
- The Swans have kept eight clean sheets in the Premier League this season – only Manchester United (10) has more.
- Six of Swansea's eight clean sheets have come at home.
- Only Manchester United (23) has claimed more away points than Tottenham (19) this season.
- Tottenham is one away win away from equaling its record of seven away wins in a Premier League season.
- Gareth Bale (pictured right) will play his first club game against a Welsh side since lining up for Southampton as a 17-year-old against Cardiff in March 2007.
- Bale and Adebayor have created quite the partnership going forward. They've scored 16 league goals between them (six and nine respectively) and have assisted each other five times (four and one).
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 0-2 Tottenham
- 24.16 %
Swansea City 0-3 Tottenham
- 17.68 %
Swansea City 1-3 Tottenham
- 13.33 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 30, 2013||Swansea City 1 - Tottenham 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 16, 2012||Tottenham 1 - Swansea City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 1, 2012||Tottenham 3 - Swansea City 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 31, 2011||Swansea City 1 - Tottenham 1|
|May 19, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Fulham 3||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Manchester United 2 - Swansea City 1||EPL|
|May 7, 2013||Wigan Athletic 2 - Swansea City 3||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Manchester City 0||EPL|
|Apr 28, 2013||Chelsea 2 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|23||Rafael van der Vaart||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed