Premier League Preview: Swansea - QPR
Neil Warnock's men will have a tough task ahead of them when they travel to south Wales, but the hosts have been shy in front of goal, notching just 16 times this season
By Sion Cleaver
Richards, Williams, Caulker, Rangel
Routledge, Gower, Britton, Allen
Young, Gabbidon, Connolly, Traore
Barton, Faurlin, Derry, Wright-Phillips
Swansea fullback Neil Taylor could return to fitness in time for QPR's visit to the Liberty Stadium on Tuesday evening. The Wales international picked up an injury in the 1-0 defeat at Everton last week. Angel Rangel would start in his place if he does not recover, however.
The Swans will be without some of their most prolific figures when QPR makes the trip to south Wales. Nathan Dyer is a doubt with an ankle niggle, Alan Tate is still recovering from a broken leg and Ferrie Bodde is still battling with a knee injury.
QPR will yet again leave Anton Ferdinand behind. The 26-year-old defender returned to training last Friday after recovering from a hamstring problem, but manager Neil Warnock does not expect him to be back until the turn of the year.
Shaun Wright-Phillips is very doubtful due to knee trouble.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Swans have only won one of their last seven league games.
- Swansea has yet to win on the road in its debut Premier League campaign.
- Swansea has scored 16 league goals this season, which is less than bottom-placed Blackburn and the second worst in the division ahead of only Wigan.
- QPR has won only one game in its last eight and has lost its last three on the trot.
- QPR is one goal away from its 100th away strike in the Premier League.
- The Londoners' last victory at Swansea was in January 1981, at the old Vetch Field stadium.
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 2-0 QPR
- 22 %
Swansea City 1-0 QPR
- 16.33 %
Swansea City 1-1 QPR
- 14.06 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 9, 2013||Swansea City 4 - QPR 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 18, 2012||QPR 0 - Swansea City 5|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 11, 2012||QPR 3 - Swansea City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 27, 2011||Swansea City 1 - QPR 1|
|May 19, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Fulham 3||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Manchester United 2 - Swansea City 1||EPL|
|May 7, 2013||Wigan Athletic 2 - Swansea City 3||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Manchester City 0||EPL|
|Apr 28, 2013||Chelsea 2 - Swansea City 0||EPL|