Premier League Preview: Norwich City - Tottenham
Matches involving the Canaries have seen 58 goals scored so far this season, so plenty of goalmouth action is expected at Carrow Road on Tuesday, where hosts have injury troubles
By Ryan Benson
Martin, Barnett, Whitbread, Tierney
Bennett, Hoolahan, Johnson, Pilkington
Walker, Gallas, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto
Modric, Parker, Sandro, Bale
Ritchie De Laet, on loan from Manchester United, is doubtful for the match with a back injury while James Vaughan (knee), Elliott Ward (knee) are definitely ruled out and Kyle Naughton is ineligible as he cannot play against his parent club.
Harry Redknapp will also have to cope without a few first-teamers as Spurs hope to close the gap on United, which is currently seven points ahead in second.
Michael Dawson is out until the end of the month with an Achilles injury, while Aaron Lennon won’t be back due to a hamstring tear and Tom Huddlestone (ankle) is also still a week away from fitness.
Spurs also have a number of players doubtful as Ledley King (knee), Younes Kaboul (hamstring) and Jermain Defoe (hamstring) will have to wait for fitness tests to determine whether they are match-ready.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Norwich hasn’t scored in any of its last four matches against Spurs.
- The last time Paul Lambert’s side beat Spurs was back in December 1993, in a 3-1 win at White Hart Lane.
- Norwich has scored four more headed goals than any other team in the Premier League this season with 11.
- Lambert’s team is one of only two sides yet to keep a clean sheet this term, with Blackburn Rovers being the other.
- Tottenham has won four of the last five meetings with the Canaries.
- Spurs’ last visit to Carrow Road ended in a 2-0 win for the side then managed by Martin Jol.
- Tottenham has lost just one match in its last 14.
- Spurs have only failed to win three of their last eight away matches.
- Norwich has only lost two matches at home so far this season.
Top 3 Predictions
Norwich City 1-3 Tottenham
- 22.37 %
Norwich City 1-2 Tottenham
- 15.85 %
Norwich City 0-2 Tottenham
- 14.14 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 14, 2013||Tottenham 2 - Norwich City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 30, 2013||Norwich City 1 - Tottenham 1|
|Capital One Cup (CCUP)||Oct 31, 2012||Norwich City 2 - Tottenham 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 1, 2012||Tottenham 1 - Norwich City 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 9, 2012||Tottenham 1 - Norwich City 2|
|Dec 7, 2013||West Bromwich 0 - Norwich City 2||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Liverpool 5 - Norwich City 1||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||Norwich City 1 - Crystal Palace 0||EPL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Newcastle 2 - Norwich City 1||EPL|
|Nov 9, 2013||Norwich City 3 - West Ham 1||EPL|
|44||Ritchie De Laet||Defender|
|23||Rafael van der Vaart||Midfielder|