Premier League Preview: Blackburn - West Bromwich Albion
The Lancashire club's supporters have agreed to stop their demonstrations and get behind the team as they face Roy Hodgson's men, who are desperate for a result.
By Alex Fisher
Lowe, Samba, Dann, Hanley
Pedersen, Vukcevic, Dunn, Rochina
Reid, Olsson, McAuley, Shorey
Morrison, Scharner, Mulumbu, Brunt
Things are much rosier in the Baggies camp with only Zoltan Gera definitely ruled out for Roy Hodgson’s side with a knee injury that will see him miss the rest of the season. Former Rovers man Steven Reid is a slight doubt but he is expected to shake off a persistent knee injury to line up against his former side.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- This match sees two of the oldest clubs in England face each other. Blackburn and West Brom were two of the founding clubs of the football league in 1888.
- The two sides have met 123 times in their long histories. Their first league meeting coming in Sept, 1888 when Rovers ran out 6-2 winners.
- Rovers slightly edge the head to head encounters with 52 wins to West Brom’s 42, and there have been 29 draws.
- Steve Kean’s side should be confident coming into the game as it has not lost any of its last four meetings with the Baggies, including victories in both the encounters last season.
- Lancashire is not a happy hunting ground for the Baggies, they have not won at Ewood park in 20 years. The last time they tasted success was Feb. 1991 with a convincing 3-0 win.
- The Baggies are currently 15th in the league and are only three points clear of the bottom three. However, they have only lost three of their seven games on their travels this season (to Chelsea, Arsenal, and Swansea).
- Blackburn is 19th in the league and are four points adrift from safety.
- Kean’s side has not had the best of times at home this season. It has only won two of its seven games at Ewood Park, with the rest ending in defeats.
- West Brom has not found goals easy to come by on its travels and has only scored seven goals away from home this season. The team's recent form is not great either as it has gone three games without a win and lost its last match at home against Wigan.
- Rovers come into this game having won their last home game against Swansea, with Yakubu finding the net four times.
Top 3 Predictions
Blackburn 2-1 West Bromwich
- 20.62 %
Blackburn 1-0 West Bromwich
- 15.95 %
Blackburn 2-0 West Bromwich
- 14.4 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 7, 2012||West Bromwich 3 - Blackburn 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 17, 2011||Blackburn 1 - West Bromwich 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 23, 2011||Blackburn 2 - West Bromwich 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 28, 2010||West Bromwich 1 - Blackburn 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||May 24, 2009||Blackburn 0 - West Bromwich 0|
|Dec 14, 2013||Blackburn 3 - Millwall 2||ENG2|
|Dec 7, 2013||QPR 0 - Blackburn 0||ENG2|
|Dec 3, 2013||Ipswich 3 - Blackburn 1||ENG2|
|Nov 30, 2013||Blackburn 1 - Leeds 0||ENG2|
|Nov 23, 2013||Blackburn 0 - Reading 0||ENG2|
|30||Sebastien Gabriel Tamaş||Defender|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed