Premier League Preview: Aston Villa - Manchester United
Two Scottish managers go face-to-face with both needing wins as the home side has recorded just one victory in six matches and United need to keep pressure on City.
By Joel Lamy
Hutton, Collins, Dunne, Warnock
N’Zogbia, Heskey, Agbonlahor
Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra
Nani, Carrick, Fletcher, Young
The Scot also hopes to have captain Stiliyan Petrov back fit after he missed the 0-0 draw at Swansea.
For United, Anderson is out until February with a knee injury, and Fabio (hamstring) and Dimitar Berbatov (ankle) both suffered injuries against Crystal Palace and had to come off.
Michael Owen (ankle) and Tom Cleverley (thigh) are both out until the end of the year.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sir Alex Ferguson managed opposite boss Alex McLeish at Aberdeen from 1978-86.
- Ashley Young plays against his former club for the first time since his move to Old Trafford in the summer. He scored 30 goals in 157 games for the Villans.
- Manchester United has only conceded three goals away from home, which is the best in the league.
- It is, alongside Manchester City, the only team not to lose on its travels this season.
- It has scored in every match it has played in all competitions.
- Wayne Rooney hasn’t scored in eight league games after scoring nine in his opening five fixtures.
- Aston Villa has lost nine points from winning positions this season.
- After starting the season unbeaten in seven games it has now only won one of its last six matches – a 3-2 home win against Norwich.
- Villa has 32 wins at home compared to United’s 25, with 21 being drawn in this fixture.
- But it has not beaten United at Villa Park in the league since 1995 – 16 matches ago.
Top 3 Predictions
Aston Villa 0-2 Manchester United
- 21.19 %
Aston Villa 1-2 Manchester United
- 16.78 %
Aston Villa 1-3 Manchester United
- 12.45 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 22, 2013||Manchester United 3 - Aston Villa 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 10, 2012||Aston Villa 2 - Manchester United 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 15, 2012||Manchester United 4 - Aston Villa 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 3, 2011||Aston Villa 0 - Manchester United 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 1, 2011||Manchester United 3 - Aston Villa 1|
|May 19, 2013||Wigan Athletic 2 - Aston Villa 2||EPL|
|May 11, 2013||Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 2||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||Norwich City 1 - Aston Villa 2||EPL|
|Apr 29, 2013||Aston Villa 6 - Sunderland 1||EPL|
|Apr 22, 2013||Manchester United 3 - Aston Villa 0||EPL|
|24||Carlos Javier Cuéllar||Defender|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed