Premier League Preview: Chelsea - Liverpool
The Stamford Bridge side looks to maintain the pressure on the top two while also making sure that the Reds don't close the gap from below in the Premier League
By Matthew Harold
Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Cole
Ramires, Lampard, Mikel
Sturridge, Torres, Mata
Johnson, Agger, Carragher, Enrique
Kuyt, Lucas, Adam, Downing
Chelsea should be able to call upon the services of Daniel Sturridge, with the forward having recovered from a knock, while Didier Drogba should also be available after recovering from a minor arm operation.
The only player definitely unavailable for the Stamford Bridge side is Michael Essien, who is still recovering from knee surgery, which will keep him out until the new year.
Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher will be available for Kenny Dalglish’s side after recovering from a calf injury, while Luis Suarez is also fit after being rested by Uruguay in midweek with a minor back problem.
The Reds' skipper Steven Gerrard is still out as he battles back to full fitness after suffering from an ankle infection.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea lost its last home game when Arsenal scored five at Stamford Bridge to inflict a second successive Premier League defeat on Andre Villas-Boas' side. It was its only home reverse of the season so far.
- England midfielder Frank Lampard is the Blues' top goalscorer in the Premier League this season, having claimed six goals so far.
- Last time the two sides met Liverpool claimed all three points with Chelsea’s summer signing Raul Meireles (pictured right) claiming the winner for the Reds.
- Liverpool has managed to claim three of its five wins so far this season away from home, with victories at Arsenal, Everton and West Brom.
- The two sides will come face-to-face at Stamford Bridge twice in nine days, as they meet each other in the League Cup.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
Top 3 Predictions
Chelsea 0-9 Liverpool
- 28.01 %
Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool
- 17.21 %
Chelsea 3-0 Liverpool
- 12.04 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 29, 2013||Chelsea 2 - Liverpool 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 21, 2013||Liverpool 2 - Chelsea 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 11, 2012||Chelsea 1 - Liverpool 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||May 8, 2012||Liverpool 4 - Chelsea 1|
|FA Cup (FA)||May 5, 2012||Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 2|
|Mar 8, 2014||Chelsea 4 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|Mar 1, 2014||Fulham 1 - Chelsea 3||EPL|
|Feb 26, 2014||Galatasaray 1 - Chelsea 1||UCL|
|Feb 22, 2014||Chelsea 1 - Everton 0||EPL|
|Feb 15, 2014||Manchester City 2 - Chelsea 0||FA|
|12||John Obi Mikel||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed