Premier League Preview: Manchester City - Aston Villa
The home side has yet to concede a single goal at home in the Premier League and has won all three matches on its own turf.
By Adithya Ananth
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Silva, Toure, Barry, Nasri
Hutton, Collins, Dunne, Warnock
Bannan, Petrov, Delph, N'Zogbia
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has hinted that he may not risk Sergio Aguero, as the Argentine recovers from a groin problem. The former Inter boss may choose to bring back his forward against Villarreal, which City takes on in a midweek Champions League fixture.
Mario Balotelli appears to have shaken off a back problem, and should be ready to take to the pitch in this clash, but Carlos Tevez remains frozen out after he trained alone following his return to the club from suspension.
Opposition manager Alex McLeish may have Gabriel Agbonlahor available following a back problem, as the forward returned to training recently.
James Collins (foot), Carlos Cuellar (knee) and Stephen Ireland (ankle) are all doubtful of making it in time for the match at Etihad Stadium, while Eric Lichaj (hip), Jermaine Jenas (Achilles) and Nathan Delfouneso (hamstring) are sidelined.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Both teams are unbeaten after seven rounds of games in the Premier League.
- Samir Nasri (pictured right) has created the most number of goals in the league, with six assists so far. But his Manchester City teammate David Silva is chasing him, having created five goals.
- City has won all three of its home games, scoring nine goals. The club has also not conceded a single goal in the league at Etihad Stadium.
- In contrast, Aston Villa has yet to win its first Premier League game away from home, having drawn all three of its matches on the road this season.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor is currently Villa's top scorer in the league, with four goals to his name. Sergio Aguero (nine) and Edin Dzeko (six) are still above him in the top scorers' chart.
- If all games ended at halftime, Villa would have been in fourth place now, sitting on a spot that leads to a Champions League qualifier.
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 3-0 Aston Villa
- 23.46 %
Manchester City 3-1 Aston Villa
- 15.15 %
Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- 12.62 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 28, 2013||Aston Villa 3 - Manchester City 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 4, 2013||Aston Villa 0 - Manchester City 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 17, 2012||Manchester City 5 - Aston Villa 0|
|Capital One Cup (CCUP)||Sep 25, 2012||Manchester City 2 - Aston Villa 4|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 12, 2012||Aston Villa 0 - Manchester City 1|
|Dec 7, 2013||Southampton 1 - Manchester City 1||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||West Bromwich 2 - Manchester City 3||EPL|
|Dec 1, 2013||Manchester City 3 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|Nov 27, 2013||Manchester City 4 - FC Viktoria Plzeň 2||UCL|
|Nov 24, 2013||Manchester City 6 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|34||Nigel De Jong||Midfielder|
|24||Carlos Javier Cuéllar||Defender|