Premier League Preview: Manchester City - Everton
Both sides are on good streaks, but with the Toffees having faced a testing 120 minutes in midweek, will they have the legs to deal with their fresh-faced opponents?
By Joe Doyle
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Barry, Toure Yaya
Silva, Aguero, Nasri
Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Coleman, Fellaini, Barkley, Drenthe
Manchester City looks set to return to the same lineup which drew with Fulham last Sunday after a midweek defeat of Birmingham in the League Cup, despite Owen Hargreaves' impressive debut.
There are no fresh injury concerns for Roberto Mancini, but the midfield pairing of James Milner and Nigel de Jong are set to miss out again with a concussion and a foot injury respectively.
For Everton, Victor Anichebe is the only player missing with a long-term groin injury, while manager David Moyes can look to a strong set of deadline-day loan signings to bolster his team.
The form of youngster Ross Barkley is reportedly attracting the interest of Chelsea and Manchester United already, and it looks likely that the 17-year-old will play on Saturday.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Both sides have conceded on average a goal per game this season, but Manchester City has scored an impressive 17 to Everton's six.
- Manchester City boasts three of the top four scorers in the Premier League, with Sergio Aguero on eight goals and Edin Dzeko (pictured right) six, while Emmanuel Adebayor, currently on loan at Tottenham, has three.
- Until last week's draw against Fulham, Manchester City was on a seven-match winning streak.
- Everton holds an impressive record against the host side, having won seven of the previous eight meetings between the two.
- Before last weekend's 2-2 at Fulham, the last time Manchester City drew a game was in February.
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 3-1 Everton
- 20.17 %
Manchester City 2-0 Everton
- 14.78 %
Manchester City 3-0 Everton
- 10.59 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 5, 2013||Manchester City 3 - Everton 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 16, 2013||Everton 2 - Manchester City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 1, 2012||Manchester City 1 - Everton 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 31, 2012||Everton 1 - Manchester City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 24, 2011||Manchester City 2 - Everton 0|
|Mar 9, 2014||Manchester City 1 - Wigan Athletic 2||FA|
|Mar 2, 2014||Manchester City 3 - Sunderland 1||CCUP|
|Feb 22, 2014||Manchester City 1 - Stoke 0||EPL|
|Feb 18, 2014||Manchester City 0 - Barcelona 2||UCL|
|Feb 15, 2014||Manchester City 2 - Chelsea 0||FA|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed