Premier League Preview: Tottenham - Manchester City
Spurs are targeting their first points of the new campaign but will be without new signing Emmanuel Adebayor, while Samir Nasri could make his debut appearance for the visitors.
Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale
Van der Vaart
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Silva, Yaya Toure, Aguero
Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp chose not to include influential midfielder Luka Modric in his squad to face Manchester United at Old Trafford due to speculation concering his future, but the Croatian should return to the starting lineup for this encounter.
Emmanuel Adebayor is unavailable for this fixture as it is against his parent club, while youngster Yago Falque - who arrived on loan from Juventus - is unlikely to be handed a start right away.
William Gallas and Ledley King are both recovering from calf and knee injuries, respectively, and are expected to be sidelined for this clash.
Roberto Mancini may hand new signing Samir Nasri a start, but could also opt to stick with James Milner after the former Aston Villa man put in a strong performance in the 3-2 victory over Bolton Wanderers.
Nigel de Jong is out due to a foot injury sustained against Swansea City in the club's first league game of the season. Otherwise, the Italian boss has no injury worries.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- It is still early days, but Tottenham Hotspur finds itself at the bottom of the table, albeit having played a game less than every other club in the Premier League with the exception of Everton.
- Harry Redknapp's men will be hopeful of a result as they are unbeaten at White Hart Lane in their last 17 league games.
- Spurs have triumphed on 31 occasions when City has come visiting for a league clash. The visitors have won 14 times, while 17 other matches have ended in a draw.
- Manchester City has won only one of its last six games against Tottenham.
- In City's last four matches, though, the club scored only one goal against Spurs. Even that was an own goal from Peter Crouch last season, which saw City qualify for the Champions League for the first time in its history.
- Ironically, it was Crouch who scored against City to help the north London club make its way into Europe's elite competition in the previous season.
Top 3 Predictions
Tottenham 0-2 Manchester City
- 17.27 %
Tottenham 1-3 Manchester City
- 15.13 %
Tottenham 1-2 Manchester City
- 14.9 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 24, 2013||Manchester City 6 - Tottenham 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 21, 2013||Tottenham 3 - Manchester City 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 11, 2012||Manchester City 2 - Tottenham 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 22, 2012||Manchester City 3 - Tottenham 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 28, 2011||Tottenham 1 - Manchester City 5|
|Dec 12, 2013||Tottenham 4 - Anzhi Makhachkala 1||EL|
|Dec 7, 2013||Sunderland 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Fulham 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|Dec 1, 2013||Tottenham 2 - Manchester United 2||EPL|
|Nov 28, 2013||Tromsø 0 - Tottenham 2||EL|
|23||Rafael van der Vaart||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed