MLS Preview: San Jose Earthquakes - New York Red Bulls
A repeat of last year's biggest playoff upset sees New York travel to San Jose, with key players coming back into the fold for both sides.
San Jose (4-5-1): Busch; Beitashour, Burling, Hernandez, Corrales; Convey, Ring, Cronin, Dawkins, Johnson; Wondolowski.
OUT: MF Andre Luiz (L knee injury); DF Ike Opara (L foot injury)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Khari Stephenson (neck strain)
New York (4-4-2): Bouna; Miller, Mendes, Ream, Solli; Lindpere, McCarty, Tainio, Richards; Henry, Agudelo.
OUT: DF Chris Albright (hernia surgery); MF Carl Robinson (R knee contusion); DF Rafael Marquez (R hamstring strain)
DOUBTFUL: FW Luke Rodgers (L foot plantar fasciitis)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
The Earthquakes hold an 11-2-2 record in this series at home. New York hasn't won in league play at San Jose since 2003.
- New York did win 1-0 away in the first round playoff matchup between these two teams last year. However, the Earthquakes grabbed a 3-1 result on the road to advance to the next round.
- After scoring 13 goals over a five-game span, the Earthquakes have now been shut out in back-to-back games.
- The Quakes have kept clean sheets in three of the last seven games, after recording just one shutout in their opening eight.
- New York completed a blockbuster move this week, sending Dwayne De Rosario to D.C. United in exchange for Dax McCarty.
- The Red Bulls are finishing a four-game road trip with this West coast jaunt. They drew twice and lost once in the other three games, and have won once in the last 10.
Top 3 Predictions
San Jose Earthquakes 1-2 New York Red Bulls
- 19.12 %
San Jose Earthquakes 1-1 New York Red Bulls
- 16.18 %
San Jose Earthquakes 2-1 New York Red Bulls
- 14.71 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 10, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - New York Red Bulls 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 14, 2012||New York Red Bulls 2 - San Jose Earthquakes 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 2, 2011||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - New York Red Bulls 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 16, 2011||New York Red Bulls 3 - San Jose Earthquakes 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Nov 4, 2010||New York Red Bulls 1 - San Jose Earthquakes 3|
|San Jose Earthquakes|
|May 18, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - Colorado Rapids 1||MLS|
|May 11, 2013||Seattle Sounders FC 4 - San Jose Earthquakes 0||MLS|
|May 8, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - Toronto FC 1||MLS|
|May 4, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - Montreal Impact 2||MLS|
|Apr 27, 2013||Chivas USA 2 - San Jose Earthquakes 2||MLS|
|-||Jan Gunnar Solli||Midfielder|
|13||Austin da Luz||Midfielder|