Italy, fresh from their win over Slovenia on Friday, are set to lock horns with Ukraine in an international friendly at the Lobanovsky Dynamo Stadium.
|Ukraine: Pyayov; Fedetskiy, Chygrynskiy, Rakitskiy, Romanchuk; Gusev, Tymoshchuk, Stepanenko, Aliyev; Yarmolenko, Devic
| Italy: Viviano; Maggio, Gastaldello, Chiellini, Criscito; Montolivo, Marchisio, Nocerino; Aquilani; Rossi, Gilardino
- Ukraine will co-host Euro 2012 along with Poland.
- Anatoliy Tymoshchuk has 103 caps for the national team.
- Ukraine are winless in their last five matches (D4 L1).
- Andriy Shevchenko is Ukraine's all time leading scorer with 45 goals.
- Italy beat Ukraine 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the 2006 World Cup.
- Mario Balotelli and Daniele De Rossi were left out of the squad for disciplinary reasons.
- The Azzurri have outscored Ukraine 7-1 in their last three head-to-head meetings.
- Giuseppe Rossi is the only player in coach Cesare Prandelli's 25-man squad who plies his trade outside of Serie A.
- Brazilian-born Thiago Motta scored the only goal of the game in Italy's 1-0 win over Slovenia in Euro 2012 qualifying on Friday.
September 12, 2007: Ukraine 1-2 Italy
Italy took the lead in the crunch Euro 2008 qualifier courtesy of Antonio Di Natale's goal five minutes before the half-time interval. Andriy Shevchenko put Ukraine back on level terms in the second half before Di Natale completed his brace in the 77th minute to give the Azzurri a crucial victory in Kiev.Click here to watch LIVE and on demand International matches online at www.Foxsoccer.tv. (For US customers only)