Premier League Preview: Wigan Athletic - Everton
Tim Howard, coming off a stellar showing against Manchester United, leads Everton against Wigan Athletic.
By Alex Fisher
Wigan Athletic (4-3-2-1)
However, the Scot still has five players unavailable to him through injury. Mikel Arteta could return from his hamstring injury before the end of the season. John Heitinga and youngster Jose Baxter are, like Arteta, suffering with hamstring injuries whilst Louis Saha and Marouane Fellaini are unavailable with ankle problems.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These two sides have only met 12 times in history and all bar one FA Cup tie in 1980 have taken place after 2005, when Wigan Athletic was promoted to the Premier League.
- The Latics have failed to beat any of the top seven at home this season. They have, however, drawn three of those games, scoring just three goals whilst conceding 15.
- Roberto Martinez's men have the second worst home goal scoring record in the Premier League this season, averaging just 1.06 goals-per-game at home. The club has failed to score in 35 percent of its matches at the DW Stadium.
- Everton has won four and drawn seven of it 17 away fixtures, but the team is goal shy - scoring only 19 whilst conceding 20.
- David Moyes has seen his side dominate the league fixtures against Wigan with six wins, while the Latics have only triumphed twice.
- Everton is also unbeaten in the last four meetings between the two sides and has conceded only once in those four games.
- The Toffees' recent form has seen them lose just twice in their last ten matches, which has lifted them up to seventh position in the table. They are five points behind their fierce rivals Liverpool in sixth. But more importantly, they are trying to stave off the threat of Bolton Wanderers, just a point behind them with a game in hand.
- Jermaine Beckford (pictured right) has scored seven league goals this season, three of which were away from home. The Toffees average just 1.12 goals-per-game on their travels this season.
Top 3 Predictions
Wigan Athletic 0-1 Everton
- 18.86 %
Wigan Athletic 9-9 Everton
- 12 %
Wigan Athletic 0-2 Everton
- 11.43 %
|FA Cup (FA)||Mar 9, 2013||Everton 0 - Wigan Athletic 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Dec 26, 2012||Everton 2 - Wigan Athletic 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 6, 2012||Wigan Athletic 2 - Everton 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 4, 2012||Wigan Athletic 1 - Everton 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 17, 2011||Everton 3 - Wigan Athletic 1|
|Apr 21, 2014||Burnley 2 - Wigan Athletic 0||ENG2|
|Apr 18, 2014||Wigan Athletic 3 - Reading 0||ENG2|
|Apr 12, 2014||Wigan Athletic 1 - Arsenal 1||FA|
|Apr 8, 2014||Wigan Athletic 0 - Millwall 1||ENG2|
|Apr 5, 2014||Wigan Athletic 1 - Leeds 0||ENG2|
|26||Ali Al Habsi||Goalkeeper|
|9||Franco Di Santo||Striker|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed