Premier League Preview: Manchester City - West Ham United
Jonathan Spector and West Ham looking for a chance at survival with a trip to Manchester City.
By Steve Hewlett
|Manchester City (4-3-3)
Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov; Toure Y, de Jong, Barry; Johnson A, Silva, Balotelli.
Roberto Mancini is not expected to make any changes to the side which won at Blackburn last Monday and will be anticipating a comfortable home win which should all but clinch Champions League football for the Citizens next year.
|West Ham United (4-4-1-1)
Green; Gabbidon, Jacobsen, Spector, Da Costa; Behrami, Hitzlsperger, Boa Morte, Kovac; Cole, Ba.
Also in the sick bay are Mark Noble, Garry O’Neill and Matthew Upson. With such players unavailable to him, that fight is getting increasingly difficult.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City is looking like favorites to claim fourth place in the league which would be City’s highest finish since ex-player Tony Book was manager back in 1977.
- West Ham has been on a terrible run of late. Its last win of any kind was on March 5 when the club defeated Stoke City 3-0, six games ago.
- This fixture has been kind to City. The Citizens have not lost against the team from the capital at home since they met in the FA Cup in March 2006. West Ham won that day 2-1 with Sun Jihai being sent off.
- Avram Grant’s (pictured right) record against City is dead even, two wins and two defeats. However, the two victories both came whilst the Israeli was in charge at Chelsea. Indeed, one of the victories was a 6-0 drubbing of City by Chelsea.
- Carlos Tevez’s importance to the Manchester outfit cannot be over-emphasized. He leads the league goal scoring charts with 19, Mario Balotelli is second on six, and perhaps surprisingly Yaya Toure comes in third with five. With City having an eye on FA Cup glory too, the need for the likes of David Silva and Edin Dzeko to get among the goals increases.
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 3-0 West Ham
- 23.48 %
Manchester City 2-0 West Ham
- 18.85 %
Manchester City 3-1 West Ham
- 9.8 %
|Capital One Cup (CCUP)||Jan 21, 2014||West Ham 0 - Manchester City 3|
|Capital One Cup (CCUP)||Jan 8, 2014||Manchester City 6 - West Ham 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Oct 19, 2013||West Ham 1 - Manchester City 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 27, 2013||Manchester City 2 - West Ham 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 3, 2012||West Ham 0 - Manchester City 0|
|Apr 16, 2014||Manchester City 2 - Sunderland 2||EPL|
|Apr 13, 2014||Liverpool 3 - Manchester City 2||EPL|
|Apr 5, 2014||Manchester City 4 - Southampton 1||EPL|
|Mar 29, 2014||Arsenal 1 - Manchester City 1||EPL|
|Mar 25, 2014||Manchester United 0 - Manchester City 3||EPL|
|34||Nigel De Jong||Midfielder|
|22||Manuel Da Costa Trindade||Defender|
|33||Victor Nsofor Obinna||Striker|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed