Premier League Preview: Arsenal - Liverpool
The hosts have not lost to these opponents in the last seven league meetings, and a victory would ensure they remain in the race to win the title
By Adithya Ananth
Watch Arsenal vs. Liverpool live 4/17 at 11 am ET on FOX Soccer. For more, click here
|Arsenal: Szczesny; Eboue, Djourou, Koscielny, Clichy; Song, Wilshere; Nasri, Fabregas, Walcott; Van Persie.|
|Liverpool: Reina; Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio; Meireles, Lucas, Spearing; Kuyt, Carroll, Suarez.|
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal is unbeaten against this opposition in the past seven league meetings, but five of those matches have ended in a draw.
- The games between these two sides have produced more hat-tricks than any other in the history of the Premier League.
- Gunners' forward Robin van Persie has managed to hit the back of the net 20 times in his last 21 starts for the club.
- Barring Manchester United (42), Arsenal has scored more goals (32) at home than any other team in the league.
- However, the north London outfit has lost the most number of home games among the current top six.
- Liverpool has lost 10 league games on the road this season, which is more than any other team in the top ten.
- The Reds have also conceded the most number of goals away from home in the top ten (26), with the exception of West Brom (33).
- Kenny Dalglish’s men have performed well against top opposition in recent times, as three of their last four victories were against top four opposition – Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City. They did, however, lose to West Bromwich Albion and West Ham United during this period.
- Each of the last 23 league matches between these two clubs has produced at least one goal; the last time they played out a goalless draw was in September 1999, at Highbury.
- Andy Carroll recently opened his goalscoring account for Liverpool with a brace against Manchester City, and is currently the fourth highest scorer in the Premier League. But a majority (11) of those goals came during his time at Newcastle United.
August 14, 2010: Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal
A rare error from Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reinasaw the Gunners somehow salvage a point at Anfield, as new signing Joe Cole was sent off for the first time in his career.
Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!
Top 3 Predictions
Arsenal 0-3 Liverpool
- 43.8 %
Arsenal 1-2 Liverpool
- 15.38 %
Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool
- 8.53 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 30, 2013||Arsenal 2 - Liverpool 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 2, 2012||Liverpool 0 - Arsenal 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 3, 2012||Liverpool 1 - Arsenal 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Aug 20, 2011||Arsenal 0 - Liverpool 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Apr 17, 2011||Arsenal 1 - Liverpool 1|
|May 19, 2013||Newcastle 0 - Arsenal 1||EPL|
|May 14, 2013||Arsenal 4 - Wigan Athletic 1||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||QPR 0 - Arsenal 1||EPL|
|Apr 28, 2013||Arsenal 1 - Manchester United 1||EPL|
|Apr 20, 2013||Fulham 0 - Arsenal 1||EPL|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
|25||José Reina Paez||Goalkeeper|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed