Bundesliga preview: Bayer Leverkusen - Hamburg
Leverkusen hope to secure second place in the Bundesliga standings
By Clark Whitney
Adler; Castro, Hyypia, Reinartz, Kadlec; Bender, Vidal; Sam, Ballack, Renato Augusto; Kiessling
Jupp Heynckes has a full squad to choose from on Saturday. The only question mark over his selection is who will play alongside Arturo Vidal in defensive midfield. Lars Bender is tipped for the role, but Simon Rolfes also has an outside chance of claiming a starting berth.
Rost; Diekmeier, Kacar, Westermann, Aogo; Pitroipa, Jarolim, Elia; Trochowski; Son, Guerrero
Playmaker Ze Roberto is suspended, meaning that Michael Oenning will have to make at least one change to his previous lineup. Piotr Trochowski is expected to start in place of the Brazilian. The coach will have to do without Mladen Petric, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Marcell Jansen, Romeo Castelen, Joris Mathijsen, and Guy Demel, all of whom are sidelined with various injuries.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Leverkusen has won its last six consecutive home games and scored at least two goals in each of them.
- Die Werkself have won their last two games against Hamburg (both 4-2), having failed to win any of the previous seven games against them.
- Leverkusen manager Jupp Heynckes has won all seven of his Bundesliga home games against HSV. The last time Heynckes lost a home match to them was in August 1986.
- Hamburg hasn't won an away game since Michael Oenning took over the team.
- Die Rothosen have not found the back of the net in any their last three games - they have never failed to score in more than four consecutive matches.
- Hamburg has failed to score and conceded nine goals in its last three away games.
Top 3 Predictions
Leverkusen 3-1 Hamburger
- 22.34 %
Leverkusen 2-1 Hamburger
- 20.21 %
Leverkusen 3-0 Hamburger
- 17.02 %
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Apr 4, 2014||Hamburger 2 - Leverkusen 1|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Nov 9, 2013||Leverkusen 5 - Hamburger 3|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||May 18, 2013||Hamburger 0 - Leverkusen 1|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Dec 15, 2012||Leverkusen 3 - Hamburger 0|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Apr 8, 2012||Hamburger 1 - Leverkusen 1|
|Apr 13, 2014||Leverkusen 2 - Hertha BSC 1||BUN|
|Apr 4, 2014||Hamburger 2 - Leverkusen 1||BUN|
|Mar 29, 2014||Leverkusen 1 - Eintracht Braunschweig 1||BUN|
|Mar 26, 2014||FC Augsburg 1 - Leverkusen 3||BUN|
|Mar 23, 2014||Leverkusen 2 - TSG Hoffenheim 3||BUN|
|20||D. da Costa||Defender|
|8||Tomás Eduardo Rincón||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed