MLS Preview: Chivas USA - Toronto FC
Two struggling teams meet at the StubHub Center, with the hosts looking to snap a 14-game winless streak.
By Avi Creditor
|Chivas USA (4-1-4-1): Kennedy; Delgado, de Luna, Vilchez, Borja; Mejia; Avila, Alvarez, Farfan, Villafana; Correa.
OUT: Daniel Antunez (L ACL reconstruction), Josue Soto (suspended)
|Toronto FC (4-4-2): Bendik; Richter, Caldwell, Agbossoumonde, Eckersley; Osorio, Laba, Russell, Convey; Brockie, Earnshaw.||
OUT: Doneil Henry (suspended), Reggie Lambe (suspended)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chivas USA has not won in its last 14 matches, a streak of futility that stretches back to a 2-1 victory over the Vancouver Whitecaps on March 30. It is the third-longest winless streak in MLS history and the longest by a team in a single season.
- Toronto has not fared much better, with just one win in its last 16 matches -- a triumph over last-place D.C. United.
- Neither team had a player make the MLS All-Star Game's matchday roster.
- Chivas is unbeaten in its last four meetings against Toronto FC, going 3-0-1 in that time, which includes a 1-0 triumph in Toronto in last season's only clash between the two sides. TFC has never won a match between the two that was played in Carson, Calif.
- Toronto FC has had a massive roster overturn, including the recent trade of Luis Silva to D.C., Danny Califf's retirement and Darren O'Dea's imminent transfer, but the club will receive a boost with the return of four players from Canada Gold Cup duty: Kyle Bekker, Ashtone Morgan, Doneil Henry and Jonathan Osorio. Henry is suspended for this match, though.
- Chivas USA has received Carlos Bocanegra's international transfer certificate, and the former U.S. national team captain will be eligible to make his debut for the club against Toronto, should manager Jose Luis Real opt to play him.
Top 3 Predictions
Chivas USA 1-1 Toronto FC
- 19.05 %
Chivas USA 2-1 Toronto FC
- 16.67 %
Chivas USA 1-0 Toronto FC
- 14.29 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 17, 2013||Chivas USA 1 - Toronto FC 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 14, 2012||Toronto FC 0 - Chivas USA 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 24, 2011||Chivas USA 3 - Toronto FC 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 2, 2011||Toronto FC 1 - Chivas USA 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 9, 2010||Chivas USA 3 - Toronto FC 0|
|Oct 26, 2013||Chivas USA 0 - Portland Timbers 5||MLS|
|Oct 23, 2013||Real Salt Lake 2 - Chivas USA 1||MLS|
|Oct 6, 2013||Los Angeles Galaxy 5 - Chivas USA 0||MLS|
|Sep 29, 2013||Chivas USA 0 - San Jose Earthquakes 1||MLS|
|Sep 21, 2013||Houston Dynamo 5 - Chivas USA 1||MLS|
|-||M. de Luna||Defender|
|4||Walter Ricardo Vilchez||Defender|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed