FA Cup Preview: Millwall - Blackburn
Both sides have accounted for Premier League sides' eliminations in this season's competition and will be hoping to ignite their domestic form with cup success.
By Scott Rumsey
Dunne, Shittu, Beevers, Lowry
Abdou, Wright, Trotter
N'Guessan, Hulse, Woolford
Orr, Dann, Givet, Mk Olsson
Bentley, Lowe, Jones, Pedersen
Millwall striker Benik Afobe has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a serious knee injury and has returned to parent club Arsenal for surgery. The Lions are also without winger James Henry, who has seen his campaign curtailed by a similar problem.
Leon Best has returned to training recently after injuring his knee in preseason and could make a surprise appearance.
Rovers boss Michael Appleton will be without Martin Olsson (eye) and Lee Williamson (ankle), while Colin Kazim-Richards and Dickson Etuhu (both knee) could be missing for the rest of the season.
Experienced midfielder Danny Murphy was omitted from Rovers' squad to face Bolton in midweek, but Appleton has hinted that the 35-year-old could be recalled.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Millwall has already beaten Blackburn this season with goals from Chris Wood and James Henry, securing a 2-0 win at Ewood Park in November.
- The Lions have lost seven of their last nine games, dropping from seventh to 15th in the process.
- New Zealand international Wood (pictured right) remains Millwall's top scorer this season with 11 goals, five more than next highest James Henry, despite only playing at the Den for three months and subsequently signing for Leicester.
- Blackburn boss Michael Appleton has managed three clubs in this competition already this season, leading Portsmouth out in the first round, Blackpool in the third and taking charge of Rovers in the fourth.
- Morten Gamst Pedersen needs to score just two more goals to reach a century of career strikes.
- Rovers' only away win in their last five matches on the road was in the fourth round, when they knocked out Premier League power Arsenal.
Top 3 Predictions
Millwall 1-2 Blackburn
- 25 %
Millwall 2-2 Blackburn
- 11.91 %
Millwall 2-1 Blackburn
- 11.91 %
|England - Championship (ENG2)||Mar 29, 2014||Millwall 2 - Blackburn 2|
|England - Championship (ENG2)||Dec 14, 2013||Blackburn 3 - Millwall 2|
|England - Championship (ENG2)||Apr 23, 2013||Millwall 1 - Blackburn 2|
|FA Cup (FA)||Mar 13, 2013||Blackburn 0 - Millwall 1|
|FA Cup (FA)||Mar 10, 2013||Millwall 0 - Blackburn 0|
|Apr 12, 2014||Millwall 2 - Watford 2||ENG2|
|Apr 8, 2014||Wigan Athletic 0 - Millwall 1||ENG2|
|Apr 5, 2014||Nottingham Forest 1 - Millwall 2||ENG2|
|Mar 29, 2014||Millwall 2 - Blackburn 2||ENG2|
|Mar 25, 2014||Millwall 2 - Birmingham 3||ENG2|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed